IGNORED

Missouri Riders...you burnin corn?

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

Ethanol Blended Gasoline...(Ethanol etc)

I'm wondering how the Missouri Riders are doing burning E10 in their bikes?

I remember one year coming home from Sturgis, I filled up in this little one-horse town in Colorado with some E10 and my gas mileage dropped about 10-20%.....have you noticed any difference? (Big Brother is watching!)

http://www.mocorn.org/news/2005/News%20Release%20Blunt%20Makes%20State%20Ethanol%20Standard%206-6-05.html

We have the E10 or "Unleaded Plus" here in KS and it's usually 10 cents/gal cheaper.

Works fine in my old truck.

I've seen some stations sellin' 85 octane for a few cents cheaper...Not for me.

e10 is the biggest, and i mean biggest get rich scam ever put on the american people.it's so big the auto manufacturers are even backing it.the american people are going to get it in the rear bigger than they ever have.when it gets in full swing, car prices will rise for the conversion, mileage will drop by over a third, the lower introductory price will sky rocket beyond belief,we will become dependent on south america and other countries for corn and other raw materials.remember we only get one corn crop a year.big farmers in this country will be bought out by big business.it could mean the demise of our country. wake up and pay attention this is a very bad thing.the law of physics will tell you this.there are no free lunches, and ya can't get something for nothing.a few rich folks that want to fill their pockets and could give two hoots in hell about the american people are pushing this ultra big scam.:depressed: :sign29:

Guest KitCarson

Well I agree with Bill(Old Fart!!) and one other thing, did you know it takes a very large amount of other energy sources to produce this sneak attack?" I doe not remember where I saw this......discovery channel or someplace, but it takes like 85 percent of the gained energy fuel to produce the base fuel. Sounds like a good energy saver to me:whistling::whistling:

I stumbled on an old issue the other day. Was reading it last nite. On page 73 they have article on this subject. ((( E-10 Fuel ))

And a run down on problems caused by ethenol, in mostly bikes with Carbs. They say Some Carbs are affected by the stuff. Others are not. In some cases, the Floats are damaged, and the float needle valves. And some Gaskets , and Crud, in the Bowls.

AS a rule of thumb, older bikes will be more adversly affected, then newer bikes.

The article stated " bluntly " that E-10 will cause Tank Corrosion, and various other parts of the fuel system could be affected.

The guy said to keep an Eagle Eye on the Bottom of your fuel tank.

They also stated, ( and first time I have heard of this ) that a Fuel Stablizer product such as used for long term storage, could be used regularly as a fuel additive. Claiming this would help solve some of the problems caused by E-10 fuel.

If you are haveing problems, with the stuff, it was reccomended that you run the engine at least once a week, with the stabilizer in the fuel.

Be sure to run it after adding the stuff, to be sure its in the Carbs.

OR--- Turn pet cock Off and run the Carbs DRY. Idea is you don't want E-10 sitting in your Carbs dureing long term storage.

Anyway, I just found this yesterday, for what its worth. I always run my engine at least once a month thru the winter.

A product called " Maxima's Fuel Stabilizer " was mentioned. I have no idea if its any good. See web site www.maximausa.com ???

e10 is the biggest, and i mean biggest get rich scam ever put on the american people.it's so big the auto manufacturers are even backing it.the american people are going to get it in the rear bigger than they ever have.when it gets in full swing, car prices will rise for the conversion, mileage will drop by over a third, the lower introductory price will sky rocket beyond belief,we will become dependent on south america and other countries for corn and other raw materials.remember we only get one corn crop a year.big farmers in this country will be bought out by big business.it could mean the demise of our country. wake up and pay attention this is a very bad thing.the law of physics will tell you this.there are no free lunches, and ya can't get something for nothing.a few rich folks that want to fill their pockets and could give two hoots in hell about the american people are pushing this ultra big scam.:depressed: :sign29:
Ditto on all that.

Guest KitCarson
Shoot I thought in Missouri they drank their con not burn it.

Snake

I think Bill lives in Arkansas.......hey I know for a fact they drink their corn in that state!! UP in them,thar' Hills. :rotfl::rotfl:I used to live thar'............Hey just messing around......tis the New Year.....up early with a smile. Kit

You get more energy out of converting sugar beets then corn (around 4 times the energy). You can grow 2 or 3 crops of sugar beets a year which makes it more profitable for the farmer. Beside there will be an uprising when we can’t get our corn on the cob fix in the fall.

Take a look at other country’s that have been on bio fuel ( no oil use) and you will see that it’s the way of the future. I for one would like to see only bio fuel so we can tell the sand bugs to blow their oil out their @%%. To say nothing of the environmental benefits.

But like others have said, their is a LOT of money being made and those people really don't want to change and while the rich make the rules we won't.

As soon as someone does a complete cost analysis on everything regarding E85 fuels there will be a lot of second thoughts on it. One thing that is already happening is prices on Milk, Dairy foods,meat etc, are going higher..some due to higher fuel prices(transportation) yes, but corn as a basis of the food group effects alot of things..feed for animals included. Then some say we are having a water shortage problem..where are we going to find more water? Other crop shortages because already some farmers are growing more corn for fuel puposes instead of their normal crops that were less profitable. The people I know that have e85 compliant vehicles do not buy it much as it is the same price as regular and they get 2-5 miles per gallon less mileage. Just my 2 cents

In MN we've only had E10 or E85 for years. I have not found any place that sells pure gasoline. Gas mileage dropped when the switch was made. Now our Liberal Governor wants to mandate E20. The Republican (in name only) Tim Pawlenty is advocating E20 for his farmer friends and is trying to get the Federal Government to allow states to use E20 blended fuels. This can and will affect all states if this guy gets his way.

I did a math study on this back in 2001 using my real world data from a road trip my wife and I did in the car. Back in 2001 we drove from MN to South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa and back home. This was a week+ long trip. I had the chance to use many different blends of gasoline and pure gasoline along the way. I no longer have the exact data, but when I done with my math I found that burning E10 caused my gas mileage to drop enough that I actually burned more gasoline than if I had been using pure gasoline. The math was basically this.

Since E10 is 10% ETOH + 90% gas. I calculated my mileage while using E10 and then calculated how much actual gasoline I burned (ethanol blend minus the 10% ETOH). I also calculated my mileage while burning pure gasoline. When you calculate how much actual gasoline you burned per mile you realize that you burn less gasoline per mile when you burn pure gasoline than when you burn E10.

Many will ask how can that be? Well E10 is actually contaminated gasoline and does not burn as hot (lower BTU's per gallon) and therefore burns less efficiently. A less efficient burn means more pollutants and more raw gasoline goes unburned and thus you have less power. Less power means your engine has to work harder to do the same amount of work and thus your gas mileage is lower. The conclusion is that E10 has INCREASED our gasoline usage which means we have INCREASED our need for crude oil which means we have INCREASED our dependency on foreign crude oil. (Remember that the one of the main arguments for ethanol is to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.)

The same is not true for E85 since so little gasoline is in the blend that even though your miles per gallon are so greatly reduced you still burn more gasoline with pure gasoline than you do with E85.

This however does not make E85 the better fuel to use. We cannot grow enough corn in this country, even if we stop all corn exports and stop all corn for food production, to make enough E85 fuel to run our country. In the mean time we drive up the cost of our food because so much of our food requires corn. Corn syrup, corn starch, corn alcohol, and many more ingredients are made from corn that are used to make the base of our food that we eat. Not to mention the wonderful corn on the cob in the summer time. That will be gone or so expensive that only the Wealthy Liberals can afford to have such a luxury.

Ethanol will lead to higher food prices and food rationing. It is one more straw on the back of our economy. The economy that is under attack by the Liberals in our country. This is a internal war against America and people like you and me that make up the True America.

Fight back and vote out the Liberals that believe in the policies of burning food for fuel; the Liberals that want to destroy our economy; the Liberals that want to destroy the America we know and love.

In MN we've only had E10 or E85 for years. I have not found any place that sells pure gasoline. Gas mileage dropped when the switch was made. Now our Liberal Governor wants to mandate E20. The Republican (in name only) Tim Pawlenty is advocating E20 for his farmer friends and is trying to get the Federal Government to allow states to use E20 blended fuels. This can and will affect all states if this guy gets his way.

I did a math study on this back in 2001 using my real world data from a road trip my wife and I did in the car. Back in 2001 we drove from MN to South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa and back home. This was a week+ long trip. I had the chance to use many different blends of gasoline and pure gasoline along the way. I no longer have the exact data, but when I done with my math I found that burning E10 caused my gas mileage to drop enough that I actually burned more gasoline than if I had been using pure gasoline. The math was basically this.

Since E10 is 10% ETOH + 90% gas. I calculated my mileage while using E10 and then calculated how much actual gasoline I burned (ethanol blend minus the 10% ETOH). I also calculated my mileage while burning pure gasoline. When you calculate how much actual gasoline you burned per mile you realize that you burn less gasoline per mile when you burn pure gasoline than when you burn E10.

Many will ask how can that be? Well E10 is actually contaminated gasoline and does not burn as hot (lower BTU's per gallon) and therefore burns less efficiently. A less efficient burn means more pollutants and more raw gasoline goes unburned and thus you have less power. Less power means your engine has to work harder to do the same amount of work and thus your gas mileage is lower. The conclusion is that E10 has INCREASED our gasoline usage which means we have INCREASED our need for crude oil which means we have INCREASED our dependency on foreign crude oil. (Remember that the one of the main arguments for ethanol is to reduce our dependency on foreign oil.)

The same is not true for E85 since so little gasoline is in the blend that even though your miles per gallon are so greatly reduced you still burn more gasoline with pure gasoline than you do with E85.

This however does not make E85 the better fuel to use. We cannot grow enough corn in this country, even if we stop all corn exports and stop all corn for food production, to make enough E85 fuel to run our country. In the mean time we drive up the cost of our food because so much of our food requires corn. Corn syrup, corn starch, corn alcohol, and many more ingredients are made from corn that are used to make the base of our food that we eat. Not to mention the wonderful corn on the cob in the summer time. That will be gone or so expensive that only the Wealthy Liberals can afford to have such a luxury.

Ethanol will lead to higher food prices and food rationing. It is one more straw on the back of our economy. The economy that is under attack by the Liberals in our country. This is a internal war against America and people like you and me that make up the True America.

Fight back and vote out the Liberals that believe in the policies of burning food for fuel; the Liberals that want to destroy our economy; the Liberals that want to destroy the America we know and love.

this is not only a political issue this is a big business move for the switch to e85.the american people will end up paying through the nose.i'm not anti big business just anti crooked rich people that use the american people to fill their pockets.like i said we will become dependent on other countries for the raw materials for e85.none of the existing machines with internal combustion engines can use e85.cars,bikes,lawnmowers.etc.only the new cars that are designed for it can use it.e85 is'nt even a good bandaid fix.not going to get into politics ,but amen juggler. bill :no-no-no:

this is not only a political issue this is a big business move for the switch to e85.the american people will end up paying through the nose.i'm not anti big business just anti crooked rich people that use the american people to fill their pockets.like i said we will become dependent on other countries for the raw materials for e85.none of the existing machines with internal combustion engines can use e85.cars,bikes,lawnmowers.etc.only the new cars that are designed for it can use it.e85 is'nt even a good bandaid fix.not going to get into politics ,but amen juggler. bill :no-no-no:

Remember that this started out as a political movement by pseudo-environmentalists. Then various Government agencies started making regulations that affected businesses. Now businesses are riding this wave of pseudo-environmentalism to keep making a profit at a time when their profits would be suffering if they didn't make changes.

I don't blame business for changing tactics to keep making a profit. However, I do wish businesses had to balls to stand up to the pseudo-environmentalists, the media and Liberal politicians and collectively say "Bite-me".

But then again the American public should be doing the same thing.