I am really tired of sitting on my bike and rocking it back and forth to fill the tank to the top. I am thinking of drilling some holes in the inside sleeve of my gas tank. The sleeve is solid and goes into the tank about 2 inches from the inside edge of the collar. It keeps me from filling the tank that last half gallon unless the rocking ( which looks really ridiculous) and it burps fuel all over sometimes. Anybody else have this kind of experience? :(

Editing because after this posted the threads for this topic came up and I saw the fix and comments from V7 Goose. Don't know why these threads didn't show up on search. BTW thanks V7 Goose, I would have drained the tank, pumped in co2 and drilled it but like your idea much better! :)

Edited by joboo
Senior moment!

Editing because after this posted the threads for this topic came up and I saw the fix and comments from V7 Goose. Don't know why these threads didn't show up on search. BTW thanks V7 Goose, I would have drained the tank, pumped in co2 and drilled it but like your idea much better! :)

Completely off topic but I also have noticed that the topic suggestions when starting a new thread tend to be much better than the topics that the search function finds.

I wonder why they are different.

Definately use a punch (drill causes spark and metal shavings) the alternative could be deadly. Cushion the punch on the tank lip with cloth or foam and drive a 12 o'clock and three o'clock hole. You will gain much usable fuel storage. Caution, in the summer heat you need to be getting on the superslab soon or don't top the tank off. It will puke out fuel through the vent.

:farmer: