IGNORED

Need creative thinking here!!!

usedcyclesales

I have to replace my clutchline/pipe which is located right underneath the engine I DO NOT have a jack adapter and using wood blocks I can raise bike but the jack is in the way really NO room to work any ideas as to how I can raise it. I would just like to get the front off the ground about a a foot or more with the rear tire on the ground. Jack is 12" wide with 9" between lifts.:confused24:

You know the laying it down in the yard gave me a thought. Do you have a trailer? You could use the back of your pick up. But if the trailer was lower it would be better. Pull it up so the front wheel is in the bed (of which ever you decide) Secure it, sort of like you were trailering and remove the ramp device. Front wheel in the air in bed and rear on ground. Secured with straps it shouldnt tip or go anywhere. Then you would have access to the bottom. I can see its perplexing. You got a lift but the dang thing lifts where you need to get your paws.

do you have exposed rafters in your garage? A come-along and some straps would pick the front end up, or an engine hoist?

I was going to suggest that but there really isn't a good spot to lift from. The handlebars are not strong enough and the top tree is covered by the fairing. :think:

You know the laying it down in the yard gave me a thought. Do you have a trailer? You could use the back of your pick up. But if the trailer was lower it would be better. Pull it up so the front wheel is in the bed (of which ever you decide) Secure it, sort of like you were trailering and remove the ramp device. Front wheel in the air in bed and rear on ground. Secured with straps it shouldnt tip or go anywhere. Then you would have access to the bottom. I can see its perplexing. You got a lift but the dang thing lifts where you need to get your paws.

This made me think. A regular motorcycle jack with a motorcycle chock secured to it. Drive the motorcycle into the chock, chock holds the motorcycle up, raise the front of the motorcycle with the jack.

I picked mine up off the ground with the passenger grab handles.

except he wants to lift the front.

This made me think. A regular motorcycle jack with a motorcycle chock secured to it. Drive the motorcycle into the chock, chock holds the motorcycle up, raise the front of the motorcycle with the jack.

Now this is an Idea he could work with. Just be sure to secure the chock to the lift. If you can position it so you can secure it from each side to prevent a tip over, all the better. 800+ pounds falling on you might hurt a little :whistling:

I mounted my 'drive-on' chock to a 4-wheel dolly and strapped the handlebars to the rear crash bars to prevent the rig from tipping. This allowed me to move the bike around the garage.

:080402gudl_prv:

Just left usedcyclessales a PM, if you are close to Daytona I am willingto let you borrow my Craftsman lift and Carbon One adapter with legs.

It is sitting in my garage unused most of time, might as well get some use by someone.

Call me at the number in the PM or on my profile, maybe we can work something out to get the jack and adapter to you.

Edited by M61A1MECH

Ya know using the chock is a great idea But I don't have one That is the next thing on my list to buy I can't tell you how many times I just needed the bike stood straight up do do something DUH!!! Why have I never bought one???? Oh that's right that's what my 22 year old live at home 6"2" 260LB son is for :rotf::rotf:Thanks guys!!

I have to replace my clutchline/pipe which is located right underneath the engine I DO NOT have a jack adapter and using wood blocks I can raise bike but the jack is in the way really NO room to work any ideas as to how I can raise it. I would just like to get the front off the ground about a a foot or more with the rear tire on the ground. Jack is 12" wide with 9" between lifts.:confused24:

Hey UCS I'm curious to know what is wrong with your clutch line? Is there something I should be checking on my bike? :confused24:

Ya know using the chock is a great idea But I don't have one That is the next thing on my list to buy I can't tell you how many times I just needed the bike stood straight up do do something DUH!!! Why have I never bought one???? Oh that's right that's what my 22 year old live at home 6"2" 260LB son is for :rotf::rotf:Thanks guys!!

Sounds like you have someone there that can hold the bike up while you work on it. Just sayin'.

RR