IGNORED

Rode a Victory Cross Country Tourer

Sylvester

Went to look at the new Cross Country tourer yesterday. Took a ride and WOW. Very nice machine. The dealer told me to come back and take it for an afternoon. Now that is good relations. :clap2: The dealer is an Indian dealer also and I have known him for a couple years. I will take him up on that when the weather improves.

:farmer:

LOL...they aren't biased. I won't slam my old 2009 Venture...I had some great rides on it.

But their slogan is, RIDE ONE and YOU'LL OWN ONE is true (at least in my case). The handling on this bike is nothing less than amazing!!!

Only 2 complaints have I...First one is that it's a little hot in the box (engine heat)...and second...they don't have a forum with as much information as this one, nor with people as nice as this one.

But make no mistake...I love my Cross Country Tour!

Hey all, I test rode the Cross Country, XC as they say on Victory Forum. I thought it was a fantastic bike. Very Impressed with the handling, and lots of power. But I will be the first to say, the RSV is also a Fantastic Bike, by far the best motorcycle I have ever owned. I have missed my RSV since selling it to Old School (Great People).

The XC or XCT (tour) out performed my H-D Heritage, especially in comfort, so if I sell my H-D my next bike will probably be a XC. Though I have thought about the Tour Deluxe and add a detachable fairing. To me the XCT seem to weigh more than the RSV, so that is a big concern for me. The things I didn't care for on the XC: First-Cost of Accessories, way to expensive. Second-Dealers Availability, though they are growing, a lack of dealers for repairs are still a concern, as there are thousands of Harley and Yamaha Dealers all over USA. Third-many guys on the Victory forums complain about engine noise and other little complaints. But as any new product I realize it takes some time to work out the kinks. Fourth-not liquid cooled.

As far as the Victory forum compaired to this site, well, thats hands down here. I belong to several sites, and by far this site is #1 (Thanks Don). People here are great, friendly, and actually care enough to go out of their way to show it. That don't happen very often, so appreciated all. Later-

I was looking for a Touring bike. I test rode the Harley Electric Glide Limited, The Road Glide Ultra, Honda Goldwing (ABS Nav) and then finally the Victory Cross Country Tour. Very impressed with the bike Cross Country Tour. This bike fits my needs. 2 UP, comfortable, Easy to work on, Full fairing no buffeting, heated grips and seat, and plenty of storage. As soon as I can sell my Harley 2009 FatBob I'll buy one. The only complaint and this is a minor one, the transmission feels more mechanical than the Harley. A positive note on the the transmission I really like the positive engagement of finding neutral, something Harley's don't have. The Victory based upon my size and requirements fits my needs best. It all depends upon your needs as to which bike is the best.

I didn't ride the Tourer enough to heat it up and having owned Harley's in the past, I am well aware of the heat issue. I would not get rid of my RSMV and keep it with the sidecar for riding with my wife. I did like the nimble feel of the Victory and easy handling plus all the amenities. I will be taking it next Saturday 2/4/12 for a long ride. Then I will let you know what I came up with. It is not priced that high, MSRP is about $22k which is not much more than the RSV now. No cassette player though, that may kill the deal.

:farmer:

No cassette!? That there is a deal breaker! Maybe you could get an aftermarket one installed. Or strap a boombox to the rear seat for all the cassette tunes!

Interested to hear how the extended test ride goes for you, and if your wallet comes back ALOT lighter.....

a women who works with me, her husband bought one and thinks mthe world of it. he said he had rode about 50 miles that day before stopping at the shop and after setting about 30 minutes and he started it up it had a lot of knocking coming from about midway of right side. it sounded a little clunk when he started off and rode away. it sounded a lt more clunkier than any hardley i've heard, sounded a lot like the old 70s bmws that has the opposing cylinders, if you have ever heard one. i guess i'm too much of a yamaha man.

One sits in our garage when my Wife is not riding it. I have ridden her bike(don't tell her). She wanted to move up and so at the chicago IMS last year she went on a mission. By Saturday she came back to the Yamaha truck and said I found my next bike. She showed me, we talked to the dealer, left the show and met the dealer back at his shop, where he let her test ride the XC. Three weeks later they delivered the new on. I have to tell you when I have been able to sneak it out I have been impressed with it's handling and performance. My wife is extremely happy with it. I am not sure what someone is saying about heat but there is no more on the XC than I have on my RSTD.

I rode 4 bikes at Americade last year that I would be interested in. The Stratoliner delux, Kaw Vaquero, Harley Streetguide and the Victory xc. I didn't really like the Strat or Harley so it would be down to the Kaw or Victory. They both had plenty of power and the ergos were good on both bikes. The only thing I didn't like about the Vaquero was the brakes and the short windshield which could be changed. The brakes sqealed and because they were ABS I wasn't used to them. The back I had to really stomp on it and the front was real touchy. The Crosscountry I rode had the tour pack and the high windshield and I would probably buy this bike as my next bike but without the tour pack. I tow a trailer so I don't need it.