IGNORED

need help replacing headset plugin.

Has anybody replaced the passenger headset connection? I bought the Bike used so don't know but it looks like it got caught in the rear wheel and was pulled off. I Generally work on my own stuff but this time I took it to the Stealer for repair. After taking it to them I think I know more than they do. OK here is my question.... To replace this cord do you have to replace the passenger volume control and CB talk button or does it unplug before or at the button controls? I unpluged the connection on top of the rear fender and it works to that point. thanks in advance for any help.

I don't remeimber for sure either but I THINK it has a plug. I don't know what they are asking for the parts but you may find one off a wrecked bike. This has much more than you need but you could get the parts from it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-Yamaha-Venture-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-REAR-SPEAKERS-/130601875909?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e687a79c5

I don't remeimber for sure either but I THINK it has a plug. I don't know what they are asking for the parts but you may find one off a wrecked bike. This has much more than you need but you could get the parts from it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/02-Yamaha-Venture-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-REAR-SPEAKERS-/130601875909?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e687a79c5

that is probally all I need Thanks for help.

Looking at the part diagram and it aint great it looks as though the part your looking for is a 1201420 cord, extension (bike bandit PN for reference) looks to be around $77. If the wire is good and just sort of missing the end, possibly Buddy Rich who makes an adaper could locate you the connecter and fab you up a repair. Or maybe turn you on to what connector you need and you can find it and fix it for a whole lot less than the $80-90 it will run you.

I bought the above Item on ebay. Going to use it as a learning tool and use the parts to repair the issue. according to the stealer the cord to the voume control is one unit. So replacement from plug over fender to plugs to headset is all one piece. thanks Freebird for the link.