IGNORED

Dropped RSTD

sadicarnot

I keep my bike in a WheelDock wheel chock when it is in the garage. On Friday night I was cleaning the bike and absent-mindedly put the kickstand up. On saturday I was getting ready to roll it out and remembered it had a full tank of gas, so I went to put some seafoam in. I ended up spilling it on the gas tank and was worried about what it would do to the paint. So I ended up cleaning that up, breaking my routine because I started to get into a rush.

I backed it out of the garage and was startled when it kept going when I tried to put it on the kickstand. What a shock. It is tough to get back up, it surprised me when it happened and I had trouble thinking strait. Any way, I did get it up, but remember to check the kickstand.

I keep my bike in a WheelDock wheel chock when it is in the garage. On Friday night I was cleaning the bike and absent-mindedly put the kickstand up. On saturday I was getting ready to roll it out and remembered it had a full tank of gas, so I went to put some seafoam in. I ended up spilling it on the gas tank and was worried about what it would do to the paint. So I ended up cleaning that up, breaking my routine because I started to get into a rush.

I backed it out of the garage and was startled when it kept going when I tried to put it on the kickstand. What a shock. It is tough to get back up, it surprised me when it happened and I had trouble thinking strait. Any way, I did get it up, but remember to check the kickstand.

There's a Donate button for that... :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

I love my WheelDock. Always secure when it engages. Sorry for your misfortune, but I have been very close to the same predicament. Thankfully I recovered.

:farmer:

Worst thing is I held on too long and hurt my wrist. My left hand got caught between the grip and the mirror and I guess twisted a bit too much, happened so fast not sure really what happened. I tell you when you get older it is hard to shake these kind of things off. It feels a little better today. As long as it improves a bit each day I won't need to go to the doctor hopefully.

Ironically I had been thinking about the Victory's lately and how they have those videos where they just drop them. The only thing that happened to my RSTD is a little scrape on the left crash bar underneath where you can't see it.

Actually the shock and heart palpitations and adrenalin and panic that it caused me was much worse than what happened to the bike. Usually when this happens you are in the parking lot with all your buddies and they run over to help. This happened to me in my driveway and none of the neighbors were out. The hard part was keeping calm and remember all of the demonstrations I have seen at rallies on how to get the bike back up.

Just curious how you lifted it up? did you face it and lift the he man way (like the way I used to do it before I learned of the Ride like a pro dvd) or did you put your back toward the bike and butt on the seat with hands on the handle bars and grab bar and walk it up

Brian

Just curious how you lifted it up? did you face it and lift the he man way (like the way I used to do it before I learned of the Ride like a pro dvd) or did you put your back toward the bike and butt on the seat with hands on the handle bars and grab bar and walk it up

Brian

I first tried the He-Man approach but quickly realized I was not He-Man. I ended up putting my ass on the seat and grabbing the handle bar grip (full left lock on the bars) and the crash bar or the passenger floor board. I don't remember which. I had trouble finding a good place to put my left hand. It was also in neutral so when I got the metal off the ground it wanted to roll down the driveway, so putting it in gear may be a good idea.

I would say it would be a good idea to have a couple of buddies over to help you put the bike on your front lawn and try it out.

As long as no one seen ya do it, it didn't happen :rotf:

Big bike to powerlift!!!! Couple years ago when I was riding my Suzuki Marauder, small by comparison, I was in a hurry going to work so I start out, I'm about a half mile from home and I realize I forgot my lunch, don't know about you guys but that some serious business right there..... so I conduct the perfect "Ride Like a Pro" U turn and roll back home.

I pull in the driveway and dismount completely oblivious to the sidestand not being deployed first!!!! It's one of those moments of utter disbelief that the bike isn't stopping as im getting off, trying to catch it was futile as I roll off to the side. Rolled off into the grass. I'm no spring chicken but was I thinking of what could happen to me physically??? Um, NO. Amazing how fast your mind can work in those situations....on the way down, all I could think was,,,ok, I'm going to have to search ebay for a clutch lever, gear side footpeg, leatherlyke left side hardbag, touch up paint...and wondering if anyone saw me...

Yes, snap milliseconds, all that,,,,yeah, I thought that was pretty amazing....AND as I was getting up, I called for a damage report, nothing broke!!!! then came the decision making process of how I was going to pick it up...luckily i watch one of those YouTube vids on how to correctly pick your bike up and they had a 98lb girl picking up a HD Softail so not to be outdone by some girl, I picked it up no problem!

Ya, know, if my neighbors did see me, it probably would have looked like I meant to do it I'm sure, just pull up and drop the bike...ha....haven't got invited to the block party the last couple years, been wondering what that was all about....that's probably it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty particular about making sure it's down....

Oh, and check the oil full cap to make sure it's in place....yeah, that was a wonderful event....it's probably not advisable to change your oil early in the morning before going to work, small details have HUGE effects...nothing like smelling like Mobil 1 for a week.....On a stupid scale, oh it ranks way up there...I might as well have said...Hold my beer, Hey Ya'll, watch this!!!!! My wife thought it was the funniest thing picking me up on the side of the road covered with oil, and taking me to get more oil...Ha, Yep, felt like I grabbed my stupid gene and got up out to of the pool....