IGNORED

Barret-Jackson

wrenchrob

Anyone else following the Barrett jackson collector car auction now? 1954 mecedes gullwing just went for $2 000 000. Where do people get that kind of money for a car that you should not drive and put in a climate controllled atmosphere? Not from being a Ford technician let me tell you.

Yes, it amazes me too on what cars can go for on Barret Jackson. One car that I always wanted is a 1965 Chevelle Malibu Z-16 and a stock (restored) one went for $140,000 the other day. Many years ago I could have bought one for $800. :(

RandyA

If only you would have known. Could have bought a fw of them back in the day and brought them out now and :cool10::cool10::cool10:

As an old car guy, I hafta say it...

I really think Barret-Jackson has ruined the old car game. It is now a rich guy's world. The only way a regular joe can afford to have a cool old car is to inherit it or build it up from total junk. Another thing is, now every desert rat who has a collection of yard ornaments now believes they are worth a fortune. That may be in some cases, but not all. Sometimes junk is junk.

Sorry for the rant, but I been wrenching on rust buckets all my life, and I love it. Sad to see rich guys monopolizing something I hold so dear.

Bert

I went there two years ago and spent a day as a spectator. It was amazing. We went on Tuesday and there were actually some affordable vehicles. Of course the economy was in the tank at that time. I remember a '64 Chevy short bed custom cab 1/2 ton sold for somewhere in the $13,000 range. To restore it to the quality it was, even if you did everything yourself would cost a lot more than that.

Heck all I want is parts for the Puick and Honda we drive and since the infamous " Cash for Clunkers " program, parts availability is becoming not existent.

Since I'm asking, anybody got a driver side manual window regulator for a 1991 Honda Civic 5 door Wagon.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

B-J are pikers. You want to see real money spent on 4 wheel iron, you need to go here:

http://acdfestival.org/festival/?page_id=209

They have cars that START at 7 figures.

They also have cars that real people can buy. Just not the Auburns, Cords, or Duesenbergs.

However, I have found my remote navigating to the B-J auction over the last couple of days. Some really beautiful cars.

RR

For those in Kissimmee, FL. area next week starting tuesday there is Mecum Actions muscle cars show, same as barrett jackson. 2000 cars i've heard, I went last year what a show, you won't see every car in one day, theres alot of walking but if you're into cars this is way to see alot at one time. Just a little ways from mickey world, drop family off there and spend your day dreaming about which one you'd like. www.mecum.com for info