IGNORED

Stebel/bad boy horn mounting in left side

Just wondering, has anyone mounted their stebel or bad boy horns in the left side leg fairing? I looked at the right side where the chrome horn is, but mine came off a previous bike and is not the fancy chrome unit. Dont want to spend the bucks for one either. So I pulled the left lower apart to see if maybe I can shoe horn it in there. Looks like I might have to trim a bit of the black plastic trim piece but we shall see.:fingers-crossed-emo

I put mine in the fairing on the left side and I've had it in there 3 years......Very loud and no problem at all. It was a tight fit and took a couple tries to get it exactly right before putting fairing back on......Don't think it restricts the sound much if any! Scares people.

Well if I can get my @#$!@$ phone to work right I got some pics. I worked most of the day mounting my Stebel in the left lower by your foot. Actually its just about where the OEM horn sits. Its tight but goes in.

I made a bracket that uses the bolt for the crash bar and ran the wires up behind the panel and installed the relay in the top of the left lower (behind the airbox). What I would like to do now is come up with a used left lower inner panel, so I trim it up and cover most of the stuff in there ie: cruise control etc and make it a little more sanitary.

I went this route because I had a good horn and couldnt afford to spend the $100+ for the chrome goober.

vbpgimage.php?do=thumb&p=7084&d=1327028363 vbpgimage.php?do=thumb&p=7085&d=1327028472

Edited by djh3
Add pics

Can't get the pics to come up. They stay at thumbnail size!

Andy

:sign yeah that: Sounds like a good idea though. I put mine on the right with the carbon one bracket. I would like to put another on but just one horn dims my headlight so much, I'd be afraid of blowing fuses.

Yea I struggled getting picture in the post. I could post the full size but holy cow they were big. They are on here under my name I think is how it is anyways. If nothing else when my internet gets back up IKll put a link to pics you can see.

I sort of figured after reading about those that have mounted the horn inside the fairing still having enough blast power that mounting where I did should work OK to. I still have the chrome right side horn on there, but you really have to "listen" for it to hear it. I'm pretty happy with it. I think the bracket is easy enough to make even for those that are not real mechanicly inclined. Now the harness. If you havent done that before you might want to get in touch with Carbon One and have him add some wire to make it all the way from battery up to that area, but I'll bet he will make you one up.