IGNORED

Garmin

usedcyclesales

I've got a Garmin 450 that came with the bike I bought it works great, actually the speedometer is far more accurate than the one on the bike and much easier to read, but the map is WAY out of date. Garmin wants like $75 to update the map online. I think at that price I can spend a little more and just buy a new GPS . Any one know if there's a way to go online and maybe download something from google , mapquest or anything???:fingers-crossed-emo

I bought my Garmin 4 years ago when still living in Connecticut. Used it for riding throughout Noo England doing Patriot Guard Missions. 2 years ago I drove down here to Louisiana with NO problems whatsoever when it came to road directions.

I have used the same Garmin for the last 2 years riding all over La, Texas,Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama,and Arkansas....All done with NO UPDATES done to the Garmin.

Boomer....who sez roads don't change much once they are put down....and the $$$ spent fer GPS Updates iz better spent at Dairy Queen.:rotf:

go to you tube and there are videos of how to update your garmin maps for free.

i just downloaded the software for free and now have to go and remove the old map from my garmin and try to upload the new map software.

From Freebird:

Sorry...I have deleted this link due to possible legal consequences. With all that is going on right now and with the Justice Department just shutting down one of the largest file sharing sites in the world, I can't take the chance of hosting this video here.

Sorry Mother, hope you understand.

Edited by Freebird
found video link

I have the Zumo 450 as well and it is much nicer than the Nuvi I have for the car and of course it is waterproof.

I agree with Boomer, if it is only one two years old you may find the road changed a little or the restaurant closed, but ........ Hotels may change names but the phone numbers didn't

Brad

Really just want to use it for when I don't know where I'm at I'm one of those guys that sees a road that looks interesting I take it. I went on E_BAY and seems like lifetime update cards are going for around $50 which is reasonable so I'm bidding on one. My wife and daughter have I-phones and you have google GPS on them free and they are GREAT if you're in a car!! they talk to you and are extemely accurate and always up to date. My son has it on his android same thing. But I like a small cell phone those are quite large. One other good thing about the I-phone and android is you can get live weather radar on them and here in Florida in the summer you can actually use it to navigate around storms . Storms come and go like busses here in the summer . The radars here have FUTURE CAST which is damn accurate it can tell you a few hours ahead of time where a storm is gonna pop up . NOW if they can get all that to pop up on an ON SCREEN display on my windshield with the touch of a button I'm good to go :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: