IGNORED

I am Broken Hearted!

Yama Mama

Our daughter and granddaughter Ella, are moving the end of this month to Kansas City, Missouri. We found this out right before Christmas. Ella's daddy is getting a big promotion, which of course means more money. This is all good, except the part about not being able to see our Ella.

I know I am spoiled. And I also know many of you have grandchildren who do not live right near you. It is just getting used to it, I suppose.

It is a new start for our daughter and her family. I need to think positively of course.

I am just used to seeing Ella all the time. I usually rush home from work to get to see her. They lived only 20 minutes away.

Now it will only be 10 hours away.

It is another reason to go for a trip, only more often I suppose.

This is good. It is also half way to Sturgis.

A free place to stay! See I am trying to cheer myself up.

Just sharing with you. I do not know how long they will be there.

Maybe they will come back, sooner or later.

I just am worried about Ella. She is going to be 4, March 6th.

She is not going to understand why MiMi & Papa are not coming over to see her like she is used to. I know she will adjust but that part is very hard to deal with.

Thanks for listening.

Yama Mama

Sorry to hear that Peg. I know how much you enjoy having her around. I am glad for the kids though. Hope this works out well for them. You are right though does give you somewhere to take a ride to, really good excuse too. You hang in there. We're still waiting for ours to make her debut.

Margaret

I feel your pain ! Our daughter and now 5 month old Grand Princess lives 2249 miles away. We live through picture mail. It is hard not to be there. Okay, not as hard as when my daughter ( Princess #1) was 10,000 miles away in Afghanistan with dirtbags trying to kill her, but not as easy as when she is in the next room.

Hang in there. Sign up for Skype, frequent flier miles and picture mail on your phone.

At least you never give up your bragging rights ! I'm exercising mine right now .....

I'll be happy to ship you a few of mine from time to time.....just a thought, but you have to return them when your done with them.............:whistling:their nana would miss them.............as for me ...not so much.:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Your just ticked that you have to share your ice cream !:essen_024::fnd_(16)::essen_018:

Yup, sounds like a good excuse to get out and ride for some visits.

Your just ticked that you have to share your ice cream !:essen_024::fnd_(16)::essen_018:

I didn't know you could use share and ice cream in the same sentence. I'm sure there is a grammatical rule against it. Or is that just my rule.:confused24:

Hi Peggy

i know the feeling too:crying:

my daughter, her husband and our granddaughter moved 1 week before Christmas to Halifax Nova Scotia. he is with the Navy and that is where he was transferred to.

They are now 20 hour drive away from us.:bawling:

Glad that yours are fairly close and hope you get to still see them often.:thumbsup2:

cheers, Scott

I guess it's all part of the growing up process,,,,, ya, you do want her to grow up, and be smart, and a good citizen. Sometimes the Great Shepherd has other ideas and those ideas are usually right on,,,, not saying there is anything wrong with your grandparenting, or that there is something amiss in your area, but it seems that He has decided that the three of them need to have a different input into their lives at the moment. So I would say, leave it in His hands and all will be well. Just wait to see how He will guide things for the better,,,,,, for them.

We have no grandchildren so I can't say I know what that feels like being in their lives. But I can tell you what it's like not being near your daughter - within a 3 month time period in 2004 - we moved to Oklahoma, our oldest daughter moved to Chicago (she had taken a job to be closer to us - that didn't work out), and our youngest daughter moved to Florida. It's not easy - but it does make it so much more special when you do get to see them. We talk several times a week, phone and skype, facebook, and email.

It's 1500+ miles to see the one in Florida, it's 704 miles to see the one in Chicago, it's 796 miles to my parents front door in Wisconsin.

However KC is only 4 hours from Tulsa and we have an extra bed if you want to take a route 66 detour when you visit your daughter.

Thank you to all the responses. Yes, of course, I know this is part of the plan for Ella. And as I said before, I know that I have been spoiled having her so close to me. I guess I am saying that it will be a period of adjustment that Ron and I will learn to deal with.

I am admitting that I am having a hard time dealing with the change, and a hard time accepting the change in plans at this point in time. But in the whole picture it probably will be better for our daughter and her family.

Thank you Diane for the very nice offer.

We will be fine, in time. It always takes time, as with everything else in life.

Yama Mama

I know how much your heart is breaking. Not sure if you have any other children nearby. We have two sons..one is nearby (with 3 of my grandchildren). The other son is in the Air Force and is now stationed outside Kansas City at Whiteman AFB...which is about an 8 hr drive one way for us. They have two boys (our other grandchildren)...so I feel your pain. They were only 4 hrs away so they came home alot..but now...we may only get to see them a couple times a year. They are very good about sending pictures / videos. We talk on Facebook or email or skype or text. Lots of ways to communicate. Not the same as hugs and kisses..but it sure beats the old days...snail mail, remember that???

And when you do get together, the times will be really special for all of you. Hang in there...you never know when they might be close again. It can happen, right?

Sending love...

Patti

Hang in there Peg. It wont be so bad once the "kids" get settled in and his new job promotion is going well. That may be hard to accept now but it will lessen as time goes on. And when you and Ron do get to visit, think of how special that will be.