A while back I had to order some things from a online Motorsports place. While I was on the site I noticed that they sold oil filters for XV1200TDVENTURE 85-86. They are made by a company named Filtrex and claim on their packaging to be O.E.M. suppliers for Japanese motorcycle companies. They look to be very well made filters when compared to other I have purchased. Being my shelf supply was getting low I ordered 2. I went to put one on yesterday and I couldn't get the mounting bolt through the hole in the center being it was a hair to large and would pull the sealing rubber free from the filter. Lubing it up didn't help at all. My question is this isn't the 1200 & 1300 mounting bolt the same size? :confused24:

Thats what I thought. Thanks for the answers. Guess I'll pilfer the old oil filter sealing rubber and try installing it using them, next time. Any way be wary of the brand FILTREX oil filters. To bad too because they really look like a very good made filter. Not only lots of pleats but also covered around the outside circumference is a steel screening.