IGNORED

5-Pin Audio Converter

rreiber

• 3 weeks later...

OK so I was having my mornig coffee and got to thinking about using ear buds with my shorty helmet that I dont have the intercom rig on. I remembered this post. Then I remembered something about the Buddy Rich cable deal. So I have a 2 part question.

1: why wouldnt this type of set up work (especially if wired in during a Buddy Rich cable mod)

2: Could you run a second 1/8 to the mic "input" side and then plug into your GPS with running it thru the Aux side. Would that render the intercomm inop?

Heres a pic I got off a Goldwing site of the wiring. If nothing else it looks like a plan if you are thinking about running earbuds. And alot less the $50.

http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/headset01.jpg

PS I dont have a clue what a ceiling staple is.

• 10 months later...

I have been thinking more about this "aux ear bud" jack lately. I see now that the pics and stuff I posted may take a little more doing for our bikes. Ours dont use the same type connector. They use instead a sealed round connector. If you knew what kind of connector was used like for the Buddy Rich deal you could build a Y cable and make one. they almost look like and old PS1 or AT cable or something like that for a keyboard. I dont have enough guts to cut into the rubber shielding to get at the wires and access them that way. I was thinking of running the ear buds along with the headset on the helmet. Otherwise I would just get the plug in 1/8" adapter thing.

Thanks Buddy, by "standard" is that a MIDI? There are so dang many out there when you go to looking. I thought I had a couple old PS2 cables but the ones I have are much cmaller in diameter, must be mouse or something. The diameter of the one I need is like 12.2mm or close to that I is what I get.

You still doing the GPS/bluetooth cables? Last I knew you had to find a parts source.