IGNORED

Who wants a new windshield?

Freebird

OK folks, I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to pick a winner but I'll come up with something. As you know, one of our vendors is F4 Customs. They make a great windshield for the RSV and several here have already purchased a shield from them. Don at F4 has contacted me and expressed his desire to give away one of their shields to ONE lucky member here. Now here is the thing. The shield needs to go to somebody who puts a considerable amount of miles on their bike each year also a person who will share their experiences with the shield. He is not asking for simply a rosy picture but an honest evaluation of what you like about the shield as well as anything that you would like to see changed and/or improved upon.

So, let's here your pitches. Why should YOU be selected to receive a free windshield. How many mile per year do you ride and do you PROMISE to post your results with the shield.

hmm.....a thought just occurred to me....and YES...I do have a thought every once in a while. I think I'll let F4 Customs monitor this thread and choose the winner.

All that being said, let the games begin. :)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is blatent discrimination against the dues paying 1st genners. Wheres the ACLU when you need them.

Just joking.

:080402gudl_prv:

Gary

Thats because they need a bike that can go loooonnnngggg distances, not go faster...:stirthepot::whistling::stickpoke:

I'M ONLY GOOD FOR ABOUT 20-25 THOUSAND MILES PER YEAR, AND I KEEP MY BIKE IN ABOVE AVERAGE CONDITION, AND AS IT HAS BEEN STATED BEFORE:no-no-no:..... I'M TOO QUICK TO CLICK ON ANY BARGAINS ON THIS SITE:detective:.... AND ALSO TEND TO SUGAR COAT THINGS WHEN ASKED OR NOT ASKED:stirthepot:..... HMMM?? GOOD LUCK :080402gudl_prv:FINDING SOMEONE THAT WANTS ANYTHING FREE~~:confused24:

OK OK OK :whistling:

I usually get a WHOPPING 140 miles (2011) all the way up to 6000 miles (2009) so that pretty much puts me out of the running for a FREE shield

HOWEVER

I wouldn't have any problem BUYING a new standard shield w/vent for my Venture at a reduced price for an honest evaluation.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If they made one for the 1st Gen, I would happily let them and you know how their shield performed under some extreme conditions.

Before the end of July I am planning several LD Rides.

On the agenda is a three day ride from Tulsa to Key West and back.

The NSR Rally which is 100 hours and will run around 4000 miles.

Other, smaller stuff, but "small" is relative.

Heh ... New Shield or old, you will get the ride reports anyway :)

Thats because they need a bike that can go loooonnnngggg distances, not go faster...:stirthepot::whistling::stickpoke:

Well you're out of it fluffy (nothing new there)..... I would be in it, with 10,000 miles on 2 scoots at the same time, in 1 trip.:thumbsup2: But they don't make 1st gen windshields, that I'm aware of. :bang head:

I put about 200 miles on a week in the winter months and up to 700 plus miles a week in the spring, summer and fall. My Venture is a daily commuter. Temperature range is 120 degrees in the summer to 30 degrees in the winter.

Last night coming home from the ride the temp was 43 with gusts up to 20 mph and blowing sand.

I believe I am a good candidate for the windshield because of the amount of riding I do and the temperature extremes......Ron

The wife and I usually knock down around 20,000 to 25,000 miles a year. I would love to try one with a vent for the summer months. We ride year round ( rode 500 miles just for new years ). It's getting time for a new windshield and wouldn't have a problem trying a new one out and letting know how it works out. :fingers-crossed-emo

May not put as many miles on the Wing as alot of folks but I guess I am a little on the side of F4 Windshields as I own the F4 +2 and yes on 2 long distance rides I have been on where it was raining big time, I would have had to stop the trip or keep putting Rain X on or some other type cleaner(the windshields that you can use rainX on) but with the F4 +2 I look thru it and the way it sheds water is AMAZING to say the least..I almost intentionally clean my windshield around others bikers for the fact they will run up to me and say"Dude you are not suppose to use paper towels to clean a motorcycle windshield! " Thats when I tell them about F4 and they RECOMMEND doing it that way. MOST still say "Not Me". I will not go into it in detail but their customer service is second to none. Anyway Good luck to all,They are a fine company to deal with.

BTW Guys IF I win this windshield,I am donating it to DragonRider to Auction off for St Judes. I already have one so it may be a second chance for some of you! He doesnt even know I am going to do this but it is in stone now.

Edited by Tom

Here is my humble shot at a new shield.

I have ridden my venture 4000+ in the last four months. (have a tour deluxe I rode before that)

I am 6' 3" and sit tall in the saddle. Therefore I have been looking a an F4 tall previously.

I bought the Venture because my wife and I were riding longer rides both with a club and alone. I like the idea that the F4 is wider to cover my hands and arms better. No, I don't ride all over the country, (YET) but do like what I have seen in the F4's from a friend that has one.

Would I give you a fair evaluation? Yes I would.

Would I advertise the product? Everywhere I went. (Hey, how about a decal in the lower corner for those times I am not with the bike!)

Would I appreciate the value of the item received? UMMM let's see. I teach so there you already know I would appreciate the value not having the funds to run out and buy all the things I would reall like.

As far as where I ride, Living in Charlotte, I ride mostly toward's the mountains but have been seen in Tenn, Va, SC, and as far south as Cape Canaveral for lunch.

Riding habits are that I just like to ride. Mostly for the scenery but like saturday, rode with the club just for lunch in South Carolina. The week before was with a friend to just ride.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

OK! Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I bought a new Clearview with a vent on it and used it all year. I went halfway across the USA with it this summer as well as a few other long trips and put on around 9K this year. I am retiring this August and will be spending even more time traveling in the future. What better choice is for me to get an F4 Custom shield and compare it to the Clearview which was a definite improvement over the stock one!!

Also, if anyone needs a slightly used stock shield contact me and I'll give you the stock one, unless it goes up for grabs at the International this summer. Also, should I win, I will also give away whichever shield comes in 2nd!

Howdy:

This is a terrific opportunity and offer for us and F4 Customs windshields. I may not ride as much as some in terms of annual mileage but I do ride every day, rain or shine. My typical yearly mileage on my 01 RSV is somewhere around 25-30k. I try to get out for a decent length ride every weekend that I am home (decent length ride to me is somewhere between 400 and 800 miles). Obviously I do not manage these EVERY weekend (I do travel a lot for work), otherwise my annual mileage would be much higher. I also typically get at least one cross-country ride in every year (5k+ miles). My longer rides tend to be with a passenger.

We are both experimental Physicists so an objective evaluation is something that we do on a regular basis.

I have tried two different Yamaha OEM (standard and wide) shields as well as a tinted, vented clearview shield. I have been eying the F4 shields for quite some time now but have been waiting to read some objective reviews on them before pulling the trigger on my own.

I tremendously enjoy motorcycling and really do enjoy my RSV. I would most definitely be willing to give an honest evaluation, share my experiences and advertise for the windshield wherever I go.

In summary, I would be very willing to give regular reports on my experience with the F4 shield and plan on several trips this year that will expose me to a number of various riding conditions and optimal for such an evaluation with the shield. Also, the added input from a passenger would be possible since my current gal loves to ride as well and my long-day rides have been regularly including her.

Regardless of whomever is chosen to demo this shield, I will most definitely stay tuned for the review as I have been in the market for a new shield for quite some time now and want to try something different.

Thank you for this opportunity and I sure hope that whoever gets it follows through.

Cheers,

Rick

Also, the added input from a passenger would be possible since my current gal loves to ride as well and my long-day rides have been regularly including her.

Speaking of which.... bout time to update that other thread, bud! :stirthepot:

OK! Here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I bought a new Clearview with a vent on it and used it all year. I went halfway across the USA with it this summer as well as a few other long trips and put on around 9K this year. I am retiring this August and will be spending even more time traveling in the future. What better choice is for me to get an F4 Custom shield and compare it to the Clearview which was a definite improvement over the stock one!!

That's what I was going to say, except I have had my Clearview for 3 years.....And...I retirerd 1 january....And...I should put on at least 20,000 miles this year...

Edited by davecb
can't type