IGNORED

Veteran of the Year

Black Owl

His ONE statement carries an enormous amount of meaning that will NEVER come to fruition

He said, (not a quote) Military service should be a requirement for our political leaders today.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Couldn't agree more.

I have long held that, when Congress commits troops to War, then 15% of the Legislature should have to go with them.

And not just for photo ops!

His ONE statement carries an enormous amount of meaning that will NEVER come to fruition

He said, (not a quote) Military service should be a requirement for our political leaders today.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

It was Owls fault this time!!!:whistling::clap2::clap2:

I don't think it's necessarily a "veteran thing"... it's a grand American thing to give of yourself...

Many people may have forgot about his time in the U.S. Army. He is the son of an Air Force General, and a accomplished Golden Gloves boxer, and he graduated from Pomona College with a B.S. degree, and then became a Rhodes Scholar from Oxford University.

He joined the U.S. Army at the prompting of his father. After graduating from Officer Candidate School he attended and graduated from both Army Airborne and Ranger training in the very top of each class. He was selected for U. S. Army Special Forces Training but refused so that he could attend pilot training where he earned his wings, and became an accomplished U.S. Army helicopter (gun ship) pilot, and achieved the rank of Captain.

He was about to be promoted to the rank of Major, and appointed to teach at West Point when he resigned his commission from the Army to go into music and acting. You can tell in this video that his time in the military means a lot to him. I won’t give away who it is. You should just watch. I bet you will be surprised!

I actually saw this presentation on tv, I was very suprised to see that both he and Willi Nelson we not only decorated vets but very active. I am not saying that Kris Kristopherson is not deserving but, I always question a system when it picks a public figure. There are so many Veterans that have never been in a movie or sang a song that do so many things for thier fellow vets. The unsung heroes!! Many of You!!