IGNORED

Interesting Paypal related article.

dingy

I've had a few problems with PayPal also. Nothing major but I'm getting close to the point of not really wanting to deal with them any longer. I just hate to inconvenience the members here by not taking credit cards for memberships and PayPal is the only way that I can do that at this time. I often wonder how many members we would lose if I went to checks and money orders only.

I've had a few problems with PayPal also. Nothing major but I'm getting close to the point of not really wanting to deal with them any longer. I just hate to inconvenience the members here by not taking credit cards for memberships and PayPal is the only way that I can do that at this time. I often wonder how many members we would lose if I went to checks and money orders only.

I'm not saying I would leave the site, but who's going to drive to my house and show me how to write a check??? I can't remember the last time I wrote one. :confused24:

Due to a major internet banking fiasco, I made all my previously internet available accounts, dead to the web. I killed off my paypal account too, and they are a bunch of mud sticky nizwits if you ask me. I had to wait seven days or something to shut off my account totally. That was two months ago, and about the only thing its stopped me from being able to do,,, is recklessly buy junk ,,,,on ebay. Good Riddance, and if anyone wants to know about the internet banking fiasco, just ask.

Well, I for one would donate one of my prized paper checks and a stamp for the site. Probably have to get the Post Offices reader to decipher the check though. Not saying my hand writing has degraded over the years, But keyboards provide more readable text.

We ran into a similar situation when taking money for Raffle tickets at last years Rally in Cody. I also received a call from an accouint Rep at 'P'. Though I didn't agree, I could see their point that it was a form of gambling and not allowed under their policies. I think this also happened once before when members were sending money via Paypal to Black Owl. In our case we worked around the problem, but in the case of requireing the distruction of the antique violin in the article I think they may have stepped in it. Sometimes those that have the gold makes the rules doesn't work.... I'll still continue to use Paypal, because other than that one incidence I haven't had any problems in 1000's of transactions over two decades. And think about this.... it is the only payment medium that allows the transfer of personal funds without fees. Try that with a Visa merchant account.. The pluses far outweigh the negatives.

Interesting article. As with any service, there are plusses and minusses. And I would have to somewhat agree with the author of that article - the "old fashioned" way of just having a sensible dialog between two parties often works out to everyone's interest. Just my :2cents:

just require everyone to hand deliver cash at your maint day in june!!:rotf::080402gudl_prv: