IGNORED

HID install

islandmech

I bought a Canadian Custom cruisers HID kit for my 86 Venture and I was wondering if anybody has installed one of these on a 1st gen bike? Will it make the headlight warning system trigger?, If so is there a work around for this?

Going to work on this over next week so any advice is appreciated

Thanks, Gary

I'm thinking a better solution is to install two HID lights which will add up to the same voltage as the original light. Shouldn't have a problem with the warning light then. Likely should disable the RLU though. That's what I am going to do when I get over my issues with HID Country.

I'm thinking a better solution is to install two HID lights which will add up to the same voltage as the original light. Shouldn't have a problem with the warning light then. Likely should disable the RLU though. That's what I am going to do when I get over my issues with HID Country.

That will not help since the HID is pulling its power directly from the battery and not through the bikes headlight wiring. With the HID the bikes headlight circuit is now only driving a relay to select hi or low beam.

If the CC light that you have works the same way as the one from HID Country then there are a couple of things you will need to do. It is not a hard job but does need to be done.

Here is the writeup that I did. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45603

If you have the bi xenon bulb that does both hi and low beam then you must disable the RLU or it WILL burn out the bulb motor.

Just what Jeff said.

The RLU has to go and you might want to think about adding a separate On/Off switch.

Those units do not like coming on then going out when you hit the starter button. Sometimes they will fail to fire the second time.

My procedure now is ... Ignition On - Starter button - Headlight On

Works just fine.

I have the HID Country Bi-Xenon unit, and it's great. Oh yes ... as for the computer monitor. Either live with the warning on, or jumper the board. If you jumper the board you no longer have a warning, but as it would be annoying you anyway, you already lost it so you may as well switch off the graphic.