IGNORED

nfl playoff rerun?

CaptainJoe

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your probably Spot On... Texans have too many Key players out, Saints are gonna be all over the Lions, Steelers are hungry, Giants/Falcons...?????

The Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Packers and Falcons

are headed into the playoffs AGAIN!

My pics are in blue... what say you???:duck:

-----1/7/2012-----

Bengals/Texans

Lions/Saints

-----1/8/2012-----

Steelers/Broncos

Falcons/NYGiants

-----1/7/2012-----

Bengals/Texans-------TEXANS.....Running game will do it.

Lions/Saints----------LIONS........Because I have to say it.

-----1/8/2012-----

Steelers/Broncos-----Steelers......Tebow is dead meat but would love to see Denver win.

Falcons/NY Giants-----FALCONS....Offense to strong for Giants D.

The Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Packers and Falcons

are headed into the playoffs AGAIN!

My pics are in blue... what say you???:duck:

-----1/7/2012-----

Bengals/Texans

Lions/Saints

-----1/8/2012-----

Steelers/Broncos

Falcons/NYGiants

You got it right captainjoe.......... :)

Hmmmm, Saturday's games are a tough choice. Gotta give credit to Cinci for having a lot of heart and a vast improvement over the last couple of years but it's gonna be a battle for them to beat the Texans. The Saints aren't the superbowl team they were so they are on a downhill slide wherre as Detroit is on the upswing so I'm going with the Lions by a slim margin.

Sunday's games are IMHO a little more obvious, Pittsburgh is back, and I personally feel the Giants are going to play a better game than Atlanta...

No team that "backed in" to the playoffs will win this weekend. The Bungles will do their usual fold act, and Denver's run as the NFL PR department's Dream Team of 2011 is about as bad a playoff team as it gets. The Steelers and Texans will roll.

I like the run the Saints are on, and they are about unbeatable at home, but the Lions are certainly peaking, at least on offense. Both are dome teams, and this one will be another shootout, and maybe a few records will fall, but I'll take the Saints. And I like the Giants in cold weather against a dome team, so my hometown Falcons will have to wait till next year - again.

Round 2:

Texans at Ravens - - Ravens

Steelers at Pats - - Steelers in an upset

Saints at Niners - - Saints

Giants at Packers - - Packers

One of Rothelsbergers wheels was broken off..LOL

I don't think they will fair as well against a healthy Tom Brady...

Regardless; it was an Excellent game, and, I believe Mr Tebow Has a bright future ahead of him, if, of course, he quits depending on the Hail Marys to save the day...

LOL

:Avatars_Gee_George: Hey it's all good!

Well the Saints tamed the Lions............

The Giants plucked the Falcons

And those Texans shot down the Ravens........

Broncos threw the Steelers.................

And had to set an NFL record for the shortest overtime in NFL history!!!

Edited by DragonRider

One of Rothelsbergers wheels was broken off..LOL

I don't think they will fair as well against a healthy Tom Brady...

Regardless; it was an Excellent game, and, I believe Mr Tebow Has a bright future ahead of him, if, of course, he quits depending on the Hail Marys to save the day...

LOL

:Avatars_Gee_George: Hey it's all good!

HAIL MARYS - a 40 yard pin point pass to an open receiver is hardly a hail mary toss

I am not a big Tebow fan, but he gets a pat o the back from me for a pinpoint pass to a wide open receiver, great play call on first down, nothing to lose and everything to win. Congrats to the Broncos. They are my favorite AFC team. Now if they make it to the SB and the Saints make it, can he perform like Drew.........It would be a very interesting matchup to say the least, but my heart and soul lies with my old hometown team, The New Orleans Saints, formely also know as the Aints in my younger days!!!

Completing 10 of 21 passes is Pinpoint passing?:think: threw what? a total of 8 yrds in the first Quarter?

He did complete the one that really counted though, and that my friends is all that truly matters. He will get better though, reminds me of a younger Big Ben the way he has a knack of extending plays and his 245 lb. demeanor.

It's extreemly doubtful the Steelers could have made the SB anyway with all the injuries they have. Rothelsburger, Kiesel, Mendenhall... POUNCY? to many injuries to really make a good go at it... A team must peak at the right time and be Healthy...

Oh well, there's always next year... to borrow a phase from the "gubernator"

We'll be back!

Until then,

RAVENS...

PATRIOTS...

SAINTS...

PACKERS...

What say you?

Completing 10 of 21 passes is Pinpoint passing?:think: threw what? a total of 8 yrds in the first Quarter?

He did complete the one that really counted though, and that my friends is all that truly matters. He will get better though, reminds me of a younger Big Ben the way he has a knack of extending plays and his 245 lb. demeanor.

It's extreemly doubtful the Steelers could have made the SB anyway with all the injuries they have. Rothelsburger, Kiesel, Mendenhall... POUNCY? to many injuries to really make a good go at it... A team must peak at the right time and be Healthy...

Oh well, there's always next year... to borrow a phase from the "gubernator"

We'll be back!

Until then,

RAVENS...

PATRIOTS...

SAINTS...

PACKERS...

What say you?

wait a minute - maybe I'm watching the wrong channel on TV (or) maybe it's because I'm not a steelers fan :stirthepot: but I vaguely remember something about 350 yards passing for Tebow. :thumbsup:

OK - I do have google on my puter - this is what it read, sorry about the copy and paste

Tebow's passer rating of 125.6 was the highest in Broncos postseason history. He completed 10 of 21 passes and Thomas hauled in four of them for 204 yards ...

I really like Tebow but if he comes up against Drew there will be a huge crowd watching to see how it works out.

As much as I like Tebow, I have to vote on Drew in that match up.

I have been a Broncos fan for 30 years, until now. All you hear is Tebow did this and Tebow did that. Yes he played good, but the reason he put up those numbers was Denvers line play. I bet he couldve stood there for 5 seconds or more before throwing, and he often did. I dont know of many teams that can cover receivers for 5 seconds one on one. Denver as a team outplayed Pittsburgh. Denvers D put up 5 sacks, and was in Roethlisbergers face all day. Thats the difference. When Denver wins, its Tebow, when Denver loses its the teams fault, according to the media. And by the way I'm not a Steelers fan either

"I bet he couldve stood there for 5 seconds or more before throwing, and he often did. I dont know of many teams that can cover receivers for 5 seconds one on one. "

Kiesel was out early harrison couldn't do it all himself...

"Denvers D put up 5 sacks, and was in Roethlisbergers face all day."

Rothelsbergers gimpy ankel(which by the way would not have gotten 100 percent till end of April) kept him in the pocket

combine that with Pouncy being Out, not protecting him

and the icening on the cake:

Mendenthal was out with a torn ACL.. He is by the way the "Steelers running game", kinda of like taking Ray Rice (Ravens)out of a running game

Without the running option Ben couldn't mix it up and was forced to throw...

Guess ya gotta work with what ya got and that wasn't enough...

No use crying about spilt milk...:confused24:

The steelers have always been able to pull it off (or so it seems) and it's unfortunate that a couple key players were out for injuries.

Now having said that - I still wonder how "tuff" the Bronco's really are. Tebow (as has been pointed out) has had a lot of time to spot a receiver, that's why they have 400 lb linemen in front of him. All the teams do it, it just worked out that the Bronco's were better at it than Pittsbrugh. (on Sunday) Time will tell if they can maintain that protection for a 'soon to be' quality quarterback.

"I bet he couldve stood there for 5 seconds or more before throwing, and he often did. I dont know of many teams that can cover receivers for 5 seconds one on one. "

Kiesel was out early harrison couldn't do it all himself...

"Denvers D put up 5 sacks, and was in Roethlisbergers face all day."

Rothelsbergers gimpy ankel(which by the way would not have gotten 100 percent till end of April) kept him in the pocket

combine that with Pouncy being Out, not protecting him

and the icening on the cake:

Mendenthal was out with a torn ACL.. He is by the way the "Steelers running game", kinda of like taking Ray Rice (Ravens)out of a running game

Without the running option Ben couldn't mix it up and was forced to throw...

Guess ya gotta work with what ya got and that wasn't enough...

No use crying about spilt milk...:confused24:

I dont really look at injuries this late, because even if players are playing, they are all knicked up in one way or another. Yes I'd agree Pitts was more banged up by a long shot. The point I was making was that Denvers team rather than Tebow was what won it for them. Besides he still completed less than half his passes, and was almost matched in total yards by a guy who couldnt move. When I hear all the Tebow media etc. I cant help but think of John Madden and his love for Brett Favre, after awhile it gets old. Although I didnt mind Favre. Guess I will have to look for a different team next year, because I cant stomach another year of hearing that he should be pro bowl etc. He is a decent quarterback who is a gamer I'll give him that. Guess that leaves where I sit on the Tebow thing. And it definately isnt on his bandwagon.......:whistling: