IGNORED

2008 RSTD Paint - Trunk

I am adding a HD aftermarket trunk to my Tour Deluxe and want to paint it to match, or at least look like a match at 50 mph. There are rattle can kits for both colors, blue and black, on the internet that I think I will try. I could do the easy thing and paint the lid blue and the base black. Or, tape off and look to catch a similar angle to the saddle bags. There is a stripe on the bags where the blue and the black meet. Is this a decal? Or is this painted? If some sort of decal / tape, is this available?

I am adding a HD aftermarket trunk to my Tour Deluxe and want to paint it to match, or at least look like a match at 50 mph. There are rattle can kits for both colors, blue and black, on the internet that I think I will try. I could do the easy thing and paint the lid blue and the base black. Or, tape off and look to catch a similar angle to the saddle bags. There is a stripe on the bags where the blue and the black meet. Is this a decal? Or is this painted? If some sort of decal / tape, is this available?

Hello I am looking to do the same think. I missed out on a couple HD trunks this weekend at good price,guess i was not fast enough. If and when you get her done send me some pictures. eros2010@comcast.net Good luck it should look great.

Joe :080402gudl_prv:

I bought a used Venture mounting bracket. I have cut all of the extra brackets off of it. The tourpack has half round channels where I assume it mounted to the HD bracket. I have ordered some half round steel stock and I am going to weld this onto the top of the Venture bracket. I am going to tape off the chrome on the risers from the mounting points, then paint the entire bracket that will be under the trunk - black, so my welding mounts won't rust. It will be a week or so before this is complete. Will try to post a pick of the bracket and the mounted trunk once I am done. Likely won't be painted by the time of post.

Would it not be easier to buy a trunk from ebay for a Venture? I would assume they would bolt right up with the Venture mounts. There are plenty on there. As far as spray can...... take it to a body shop and pay the extra money if you cannot spray it yourself. If you use a spray can, it's probably going to look like it came from a can and not look very good.