IGNORED

December ride in South Dakota

bj66

I jumped on the bike this afternoon and took it for a quick ride down to my buddies place. It is only about 7 miles away, so I didnt put on the chaps, just threw on a stocking hat, gloves and my columbia winter jacket. Temp was low 40's, so it wasnt too bad. At about 80 mph on the highway my legs got cold though (no lowers). But that little ride sure did perk me up. I dont think Ive ever ridden a bike here in SD in december. The sun was about right here at 3:30 so I thought I'd snap a pic with my phone. I thought it turned out really good.

I rode to work last week, it was 25 degrees when I left the house...that will definitely perk you up

:hihi:

See, no difference than Michigan. Love riding to work when it is that cold, beats the heat any day. People at work think I am crazy, but then I ask what you going to do when it really gets cold? because they are already bundled up and in a car. :confused24:

its been a great winter so far, Here is a pic I took when I went for a quick spin on Thurs before the bike went in for roadrash repair.

I guess this winter is evening up the table after last winters record snowfall and cold. Last year by now we already had more snow than a normal winter. I am hoping they are right about the new revised long range forecast of slightly less then normal precip and normal temps from now Jan until March. That should let some land dry to a point where we wont have flooding like last year in this area and south into the Northern States.

Brian

Got in another 50 or so miles, was alot of fun. Just gonna sit in the chair and relax for the rest of the day.

Yesterday was exceptionally nice here in NE Wyoming too! We still have a bit of snow on the ground. I was going to try and make out to clear gravel, (still have 1/2 mile of snow covered gravel), but my wife convinced me to saddle up the horses and go for a ride with her. The horses don't slip near as much on the snow as I do on the Venture.

Last year at this time we had over three feet of snow on the ground.