IGNORED

Window shoping for a Cruzer

OrlinEngh

Two years ago we decided to get back on a bike again and I picked up a 1984 Venture and now I have another setting next to it in the shed allmost ready to hit the road in the spring. As much as I like the ride of them its getting parts that has me looking for something newer to take the long rides on. And no I wont be parting with my Venture anytime soon way to much fun for our roads around here.

So talking with Sharon about it she said no Harleys, and that is fine with me.

It has came down to a newer Venture or a Vulcan has anyone here had both or rode both that will give me a honest opinion.

Thanks

Orlin

My favorite new bike - if I had the money to get one - would be the Victory Cross Tourer. Great power, very comfortable, has all the amenities (except a CB radio), very well made with a lot of "cargo" space. Took one for a test ride - was truly surprised with this bike. Hopefully, one day, Mama Yamaha will come out with something to replace the Venture - or just add couple of things to the Strat and call it a day. Just my two cents.

If your looking for a 1 up bike for a coffee getter or just a day rider I like my vulcan 1500 . its a 2006 with fule inj. and handles great here in the twisties. If you want one for trips go with the venture.

I don't ride that long anymore and a day ride is only around 200 miles. The vulcan is lighter weight and has plenty of power. I like that it has hydrolic lifters so no valve adj.

The wife like riding on it but not for long rides.

When are you going to do another M/D?

If your looking for a 1 up bike for a coffee getter or just a day rider I like my vulcan 1500 . its a 2006 with fule inj. and handles great here in the twisties. If you want one for trips go with the venture.

I don't ride that long anymore and a day ride is only around 200 miles. The vulcan is lighter weight and has plenty of power. I like that it has hydrolic lifters so no valve adj.

The wife like riding on it but not for long rides.

I want to make it to your place, something always got in the way, April would be good with the exception of the week of April 7-13, going out to Colorado for some peace and quiet.

Now that I am all healed up from my surgery's and have the shop all cleared out. Why don't we plan something for early spring ( late march or early april )

Well since you two entirely high-jacked this thread I thought I’d bring it back on track.:stirthepot:

I have an 04 Yamaha Road Star and love it. I have driven it and my RSV coast to coast, not at the same time of course, and both performed flawlessly. If I were going to buy another cruiser it would still be a Road Star but I would get a newer one with fuel injection. Road Stars have a lot of aftermarket accessories, both performance and safety chrome. The R* has a ton of torque and sounds great cruising. I spend an equal amount of time on the roadstarclinic.org so if you want some good information on the R* go to the clinic and take a look.

Good luck in your search for a new cruiser. :mo money:

Orlin

Depends what you mean by a cruzer. If you mean cruzer, I agree with Randy, couldn't do better than a late model RSTD. Or if you mean a long distance tourer, lots of used second gen ventures out there.

Good luck with your search and just maybe I'll see you next summer. We're not all that far apart.

Steve

In the last 7 or 8 years I have owned a Road Star, RSTD, Stratoliner and a RSV (in that order). I still have the RSV and the RSTD. I use the RSV for my two up rides,,, and if I do a 2000 mile'r interstate run. But for my daily commute and any solo fun I LOVE the RSTD.

I got the RSTD when I still had the Road Star, kept it through the Strat and have no plans to get rid of it (now about 85k miles).

Some say RSV and RSTD are "same bike". But to me they really ride different.

They are geared the same, yep. But I call the RSTD the "little" bike.

Just seems to handle more like a cruiser than a tourer. More nimble when you are starting or stopping (foot down stuff) and better on twisty roads than the RSV. No top heavy stuff.

I hope they come back out with a RSTD again in a few years so I can continue the ride.

Oh,,, so if it's not obvious,,, I suggest a RSTD too.

Mike G