IGNORED

New sears lift

TARHEEL RIDER

My wife brought home a new lift for me today.I put it together and was ready to load the bike up on it, but when I looked underneath it, I am not sure where to place the lift pads. I am looking at getting one of carbon ones stands, but for now where is the best place to locate the lift?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Frrebird, where is the best place to lift it from, the area under the front floor boards?

NO! You need to be back farther. The Carbon One lift is what you need. This adapter allows you to balance the bike and raise it to the limit of the jack. I have had a Sears jack for years but it would only lift the front of my Venture and I would use a floor jack on the rear. With the Carbon One it is a piece of cake to change tires (front and rear) and pull the drive shaft plus other maintenance issues.

:farmer:

Thanks Frrebird, where is the best place to lift it from, the area under the front floor boards?

The balance point with most jacks will be when the left lift arm is aligned with the exhausts heat shield. Of course this can vary depending on just how much "stuff" there is in the bags and trunk (if you have a Venture). Just move the jack fore or aft to get that balance point. You'll know when that happens once the tires leave the ground.

Larry

Place a small piece of 3/8 ply wood that is 12 inches long by 2 inches wide on the right side of the jack.

Slide the jack under the bike from the right side (sitting on seat/looking forward)..

Align the right (farthest front) bar of the jack with the plywood along the front bottom edge of the motor. Caution. do not let the end of the jack hit the kickstand switch on left side of bike.

Using two pieces of a 2 x4 (each piece being 4 inches long) place one between the left side of jack (farthest back ) and the frame of the bike. You pinch the 2 x 4 betwen the jack and the frame of the bike on each side of the reaar shock. Slowly jack it up making sure the wood is aligned. the front will come off the ground first about 3 inches then the rear whell will come off the ground. you can jack the bike all the way up now. For securing the bike, I always placed a jack stand under my rear shock and "slowly" and carefully lowered the jack where the rear shock is touching the jack stand. This helped support the bike where it wold nto rock forward and backward.

Just remember to jack the bike "up" to remove the jack stand before you lower it when your done.......