IGNORED

Saw my life flash before my eyes......AGAIN!

GAWildKat

Ok, some of you know we are looking for a place to live, well we think we found it. I have to pay the deposit by wed and rent next week. But that's not the reason for the title of the thread. On our way to dinner after seeing the place (it's our wedding anniversary today) Mike was traveling on a 4 lane stretch of road here in Warner Robins a woman in a small car pulled out into the lane in an attempt to travel across all 4 lanes of traffic. Upon realizing she couldn't make it even partway across she slammed on brakes..right in front of Mike, we saw her attempt so he was slowing down just in case but was still traveling too fast to come to a stop since there was loose gravel in the road too. So he cut behind her, thought he gave enough room to get around her...but then she backed up. I could have punched the trunk of her car she was so close when she backed up. Never once did she seem to realize there was a bike there. We made it to dinner, and let me tell you, that was some really good sake I had with dinner. I drank the entire bottle myself. Here's hoping next year's anniversary is less exciting....

... is at times in the inches as we drive :whistling:our 2-wheel ladies, and especially with a rider. SO glad Mike could drive that careful. Glad you celebrated :bighug:your anniversary upright, and keep enjoying each other.

Me? I would have had to at LEAST THINK (and that would probably be it :no-no-no:on a wedding anniversary on the way to steak) ... of pulling over and giving her a piece of my mind.

Wonder if she made it home? :fingers-crossed-emo

Jack Z

PS Go ahead ... have another bottle of wine together by candelight!! J

Scary stuff..... you must have Someone watching over you,,, best thank Him maybe.

And yes,,, there are many times that our 2 wheels can get us out of a tough spot, where the four wheels would have left us in trouble. Mike seems to have a good head on his shoulders and uses it for more than just keeping his ears apart.

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts on our Anniversary.

Annie, no again we are renting a room. We'll be the oldest people in the house, the other renter currently is 28. The homeowner that is moving out is 23. We'll be doing more celebrating once we move. Our new room is upstairs and is the biggest room in the house. The closet is the size of my bedroom in this house. The bedroom is almost as big as a 2 car garage. For now it works, Maybe down the road we can rent the entire house from him or somewhere else. For now it's $465 for the room and all utils and luxuries. (premium cable tv and internet included) Let's see how long it takes me to fall down the stairs shall we? lol

As far as giving the woman a piece of someone's mind, that prolly would have been me. Mike generally won't get in people's faces(except me, I'm not strangers lol) I however will, and if he had stayed still long enough I might have. I saw the look on the driver of the pickup behind the car, he was terrified. I'm just glad we're safe. I hope when that lady's luck runs out we aren't around.

And yeah, Mike's a pretty good driver, for that I'm glad, he's gotten us out of some scary situations in the car, now the bike too!

Today I'm going to start the packing process Happy Happy joy joy lol.

I am a new member here and ride the streets here in the Dallas Metroplex....Am 57 and have yet to lay one down.....Definitely someone watching over me; but when I ride I am always looking for that (what can possibly happen) scenario...It's an obsession that nearly takes away the attention at hand with the bike....Glad to hear everything was ok....I ride the Vmax which is a Venture relative...lol...

For now it's $465 for the room and all utils and luxuries. (premium cable tv and internet included) Let's see how long it takes me to fall down the stairs shall we? lol

Around here you can get a decent WHOLE apartment all to yourselves for that kind of money...........

You just have to be willing to cut the grass and shovel the snow..........:snow2:

I learned 15 yrs ago that me and the prairie snow do not work well together. I spent a winter in Alberta and while it was a very different experience than Georgia, I'll likely never live in that climate again. With my Cerebral Palsy I was in constant danger of falling down on the packed ice and snow while walking, and I did several times while alone. I was very lucky none of those were bad falls. I'll not rule out going again to the land of snow, but I'd likely be homebound for the snowy season as a result. Not cool