IGNORED

broken windshield tabs: Warranty??

Yes they will and should.

However, I personally would not trust some yocal yamaha tech to tear my Venture down to replace the inner fariring just because the littel tabs are broke.

The fix is very easy to do and will remain repaired (fixed) for years to come.

If you choose to let a local Yamaha tech replace your inner fairng, you can bet in about a month those same tabs will be broke again and your right back at square one but "without" warrenty coverage...

I would just do the easy fix and for get about it....

Thats my 2 cents... for what it's worth..

Eck, have you done that fix?

If so, my crystal ball sees a possible trip with dinner in store for you!

Yes, I did the fix on my 05 back when I had it.

Dinner is not required.. riding afterwards is..

I have the material needed to fix it too.

Now.. as for getting together to do the fix is the next problem, for I dont see where I have enough time off work to come up to NC until next year..???

It is an easy fix and I can walk you through it if you want on the phone as you do it. Just let me know a day or two in advance so I can go get a 6 pac and sit so I can sit and tell you how..

When I asked my dealer about a couple issues (broken tabs on the chrome windshield trim and the broken windshield support bracket) they said that Yamaha Canada would probably deny the claim since it could be the PO or myself that may have broken them. The PDI is supposed to confirm that everything is intact when it leaves the original dealer.

In my bike's case... the PO didn't have it long enough to make changes and was stock when I got it. The original dealer that installed it wouldn't accept responsibility even though they personally know the PO and he told them himself he hadn't opened the fairing. Mind you, if the original dealer did the PDI (after they assembled it) how come they didn't notice the antennas on the wrong side, or the passenger intercom connector in the wrong spot, or the bolts in the trunk weren't in the right spots, or.....

I did the chrome windshield trim repair myself and the windshield bracket I'll do this winter. The instructions on the site make it easy.

Sounds great to me.

Eck, have you done that fix?

If so, my crystal ball sees a possible trip with dinner in store for you!

Yes, I did the fix on my 05 back when I had it.

Dinner is not required.. riding afterwards is..

I have the material needed to fix it too.

Now.. as for getting together to do the fix is the next problem, for I dont see where I have enough time off work to come up to NC until next year..???

It is an easy fix and I can walk you through it if you want on the phone as you do it. Just let me know a day or two in advance so I can go get a 6 pac and sit so I can sit and tell you how..