IGNORED

seafoam

tbbrider

I think the can says 2 ounces per gallon of gas which is what I use in all of my gas motors. eg. bike, mower, snowblower car etc. Everything runs better with Seafoam. Make sure you run the bike at least 15-20 minutes to allow the Seafoam to get into the carbs. I then plug the battery into my Deltran Battery Tender for the the longer winters nap. I lay a cover over the top of the bike to keep the dust off and that is about it. This however does not happen until the roads get the first salting. So now after every ride, before I go home, I top off my tank just in case that is the last ride for the season. Then all I due is simply add the number of ounces of Seafoam to the added gas. :thumbsup2:

I have been doing it this way for years and every spring everything starts right up without any problems. :080402gudl_prv:

I think the can says 2 ounces per gallon of gas which is what I use in all of my gas motors. eg. bike, mower, snowblower car etc. Everything runs better with Seafoam. Make sure you run the bike at least 15-20 minutes to allow the Seafoam to get into the carbs. I then plug the battery into my Deltran Battery Tender for the the longer winters nap. I lay a cover over the top of the bike to keep the dust off and that is about it. This however does not happen until the roads get the first salting. So now after every ride, before I go home, I top off my tank just in case that is the last ride for the season. Then all I due is simply add the number of ounces of Seafoam to the added gas. :thumbsup2:

I have been doing it this way for years and every spring everything starts right up without any problems. :080402gudl_prv:

:sign yeah that:

I will add that you really can't put too much Sea Foam in your bike.

Heck, the engine can run on straight Sea Foam!

I have run the carbs dry, put my fuel line directly in a can of Sea Foam, and let the electric fuel pump fill the carbs. I then let it sit for a couple of days. Try and be outside because the bike will blow billowing clouds of white smoke.

:sign yeah that:

I will add that you really can't put too much Sea Foam in your bike.

Heck, the engine can run on straight Sea Foam!

I have run the carbs dry, put my fuel line directly in a can of Sea Foam, and let the electric fuel pump fill the carbs. I then let it sit for a couple of days. Try and be outside because the bike will blow billowing clouds of white smoke.

Will your plugs become fouled and need replacing? Or will they just burn off clean with continued running? I just assumed I would need new plugs if I over did the Seafoam.

Thanks for the tip.

How much seafoam do you use in a tankful of gas for winter storage and how is the best way to winterize your bike?

http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/93/123/lang,en/

Toss a few capfuls of Star Tron into your tank also. This stuff works great. There have been times where my bike has sat for long periods. Before Star Tron the bike was always hard to start until the seafoam kicked in. With Star Tron in the tank, the bike fired right up without missing a beat.

I run Seafoam on a regular basis in my scoot....2 ounces for every tank of gas. Auto Zone is good about putting Seafoam on sale pretty often so I buy 3-4 cans at a time.This past July 4th I changed out my plugs when they had 60,000 miles on them....and the old plugs looked brand new coming out. I run the NGK Iridium plugs and can't say enuff good things about them.:cool10:

Boomer....who'll take year long riding down South any day compared to being snow-bound.:whistling:

http://mystarbrite.com/startron//content/view/93/123/lang,en/

Toss a few capfuls of Star Tron into your tank also. This stuff works great. There have been times where my bike has sat for long periods. Before Star Tron the bike was always hard to start until the seafoam kicked in. With Star Tron in the tank, the bike fired right up without missing a beat.

Ruffy's right on STARTRON.

I use Seafoam all the time, love it, perks up salads.

But for winter storage (I read about that), use STARTRON.

Get it several places now, in WalMart it's in the boat section with the marine oils.

Seafoam is made to burn. Startron is made to stabilize the gas and kick butt on the ethanol they feed us. I used Startron in lawn mower gas for my brother's estate. Kept it good for most of a year.

And, yes, when you put it in the tank, be sure to run it into the carbs.

Mike G

So now after every ride, before I go home, I top off my tank just in case that is the last ride for the season.

I always make sure the tank is filled with Pure Gas (No Ethanol) then add 2 to 4 oz of each, Seafoam and Marvel Mystery Oil and run enough to be sure the carbs get filled with the mix before saying goodbye to the riding season. I'm lucky to have 2 local stations that have pure gas. I think the film thats left from the use of marvel mystery oil ( or your favorite oil) on the upper cylinder walls and inside the carbs after the gas evaporates...is very worthwhile. Today was the 3rd time I have done the above.....the reason below.............

i put seafoam in friday but its already gone!! o'ya i forgot i road about 300 miles this weekend

I did the gas winterization and oil change last week.......but burned the gas mix going down Route 4 yesterday by Yammer's place....he must have been watchin the tube......didn't see him :stickpoke:

Will your plugs become fouled and need replacing? Or will they just burn off clean with continued running? I just assumed I would need new plugs if I over did the Seafoam.

Thanks for the tip.

I have never had a problem with the spark plugs . . .

Ruffy's right on STARTRON.

. Startron is made to stabilize the gas and kick butt on the ethanol they feed us. I used Startron in lawn mower gas for my brother's estate. Kept it good for most of a year.

And, yes, when you put it in the tank, be sure to run it into the carbs.

Mike G

Glad you mentioned that. I fired up the lawn mower today, after sitting in the shed untouched since June, when I hired a lawn service. Since I fired them a few weeks ago I had to cut the grass today. I had treated the lawn mower and gas can with a touch of Seafoam and a few cap-fulls of Star Tron before putting it away. It fired up on the second pull. Gas was still fresh as well, since I had to refill the mower halfway through the cutting. Since the bike has been down since April, ill find out just how well the additives held up when I finally get to fire it up in a few weeks.

Just bought Seafoam to treat the bike in case it was the last ride of the year (again)

$12 a can!

So 2 cans, plus the taxes was over $27!!!!!!

:mo money:

Just bought 4 cans on Saturday at Wal-Mart in Marietta for $7.99 a can. Have only seen it cheaper once at Advance Auto Parts, $6.99 a can. Normally it's about $10.

I also use Sta-bil for winter storage of the lawn equipment, but I'll give that other stuff a try. Don't need it for the RSV - - I normally ride all winter. :cool10:

Been thinking about this... Wouldn't it be better to turn the fuel off and run the carbs dry. Sea Foam will evaporate just like fuel and the varnish in the bowls will still plug things up. In the tank it will still work as a conditioner over the winter... Maybe I'm over thinking things.... ?? :confused07:

Been thinking about this... Wouldn't it be better to turn the fuel off and run the carbs dry. Sea Foam will evaporate just like fuel and the varnish in the bowls will still plug things up. In the tank it will still work as a conditioner over the winter... Maybe I'm over thinking things.... ?? :confused07:

It has been said the 'seals' can dry out. That is why I suggest turning on the key every couple of weeks to fill the float bowls . . .

:)