IGNORED

My 11-11-11 Veterans Day Ride

GolfVenture

I went for my Veteran's Day ride looking for those flying the American Flag. Sad to say that in 50 miles I could not find a single American Flag on a car. I drop down into Orting for there is The Washington's Soldiers Home there. It was pretty early and the workers were just starting to put out the American Flag for this is their big day. Good to see that Liberals hasn't invaded the Soldiers Home, for the American Flag still fly’s proudly there. I did find 2 homes proudly flying Old Glory. Our home fly’s the American Flag everyday for everyday I'm thankful for all Veterans, especially personal for me is to remember the Korean War Veterans for they died and fought so I can live in America and be free. See I was born in 1952 right in the middle of the Korean War. I'm a Korean War Orphan, adopted into an American family. I've grafted into the American Society. I speak English, study American history, totally lost my 7 years old Korean language and culture. Personally I do not miss it. Today except for my physicial appearance, I am an American 100 percent. My son and daughter both know that had it not been for the American Fighting GIs that each of them would not be here for my life would have been much different had it not been for the Americans.

Well I don't have any heated riding suit so my ride was pretty cold. All my fingers and hands were extremely cold and numb. It made me think of the freezing weather that the GIs had to fight in, I stop complaining. Its great to be part of Venture Riders and the Partiot Guard a great pool of Patriotism is found here. Patriotism seems to be harder and harder to find in the general public. But in my family Patriotism is taught early. The last picture is my grand daughter last year at the age of 3.

How can a 20 year old motorcycle have only 7,000 miles on it? 350 miles a year average.

7000, Yep, I've been looking for a parts MKII for my 89 for a year since I've been a VR owner. Then about 2 months ago there was this 91 VR with 6650 miles on it. I mention it to my wife that I would like to go look at it. On the way she said if I wanted it to get it. It floored me. I saw it, and the rest was history. On my profile page there are some pictures of it. Then I've also created a thread "MyNew2MeVenture". It is a beauty. The engine itself looks brand new. Also as I was polishing it up, the radiator cap still had the thin clear label protector on it. All the warning labels were still on the VR. I also unscrewed many parts to get the plastic film protector off. The manuel looks like it has never been opened.

In my looking I've actually come across 3 other older VRs with less miles. There is this 83 with 5000 miles (220 miles per year). One owner is actually a member here.

I can assure that it will get more than 350 miles per year but not really alot, probably about 2000 miles per year, unless I can Venture off for about a week.

Yep they are out there, one just has too look every day.

Happy Veterans day. I hope to have the opportunity to pick up the dinner tab of a GI and his family in uniform anonymously. It was some years ago that a radio anouncer suggested this and it is something that my wife and I do once a month.

America and the people has been so wonderful to me and it is all because of this great country's forefathers and the American Fighting GI.

I fly the Canadian flag all summer. I take it down in the winter as it would not last long in some of the storms we get. I was part of the Remembrance Day ceremonies here on Saltspring and it seems to me that we are getting more of a response than we used to.

I went for my Veteran's Day ride looking for those flying the American Flag. Sad to say that in 50 miles I could not find a single American Flag on a car. I drop down into Orting for there is The Washington's Soldiers Home there. It was pretty early and the workers were just starting to put out the American Flag for this is their big day. Good to see that Liberals hasn't invaded the Soldiers Home, for the American Flag still fly’s proudly there. I did find 2 homes proudly flying Old Glory. Our home fly’s the American Flag everyday for everyday I'm thankful for all Veterans, especially personal for me is to remember the Korean War Veterans for they died and fought so I can live in America and be free. See I was born in 1952 right in the middle of the Korean War. I'm a Korean War Orphan, adopted into an American family. I've grafted into the American Society. I speak English, study American history, totally lost my 7 years old Korean language and culture. Personally I do not miss it. Today except for my physicial appearance, I am an American 100 percent. My son and daughter both know that had it not been for the American Fighting GIs that each of them would not be here for my life would have been much different had it not been for the Americans.

Well I don't have any heated riding suit so my ride was pretty cold. All my fingers and hands were extremely cold and numb. It made me think of the freezing weather that the GIs had to fight in, I stop complaining. Its great to be part of Venture Riders and the Partiot Guard a great pool of Patriotism is found here. Patriotism seems to be harder and harder to find in the general public. But in my family Patriotism is taught early. The last picture is my grand daughter last year at the age of 3.

I rode in the Auburn WA. Veterans day parade last weekend. It is pretty close to your home. Great weather,warm and sunny. The large crowd provided a lot of cheers for the vets and military units. The Air Force did a C-17 fly over. This is a vary large parade that takes about two and a half hours to pass by the review stand. It is said to be one of the largest Veterans parades in the country. And I believe it. Lots of flags.

Mike