IGNORED

Remembrance / Veterans Day

kevin-vic-b.c.

I would like to take a second to day and say thank you to all the Veterans out there from where ever you may be from and how and where ever you may have served.

We and our families are safe and free because of you and those that gave their lives for us. It is pouting rain in my city, I am going to go get dressed warm and head to our local Cenotaph and watch the military parade into our town. I will remember my father and his brothers that all served time in Europe during WWII. I will remember my mother that went to work at the ship yard to help build the ships my father served on for 25 years. I will think of how lucky I have been to have had so many give so much for me to be free.

Thank you

This from my friend Calvin's website: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.barkingmadspeedshop.com%2F2011%2F11%2Fnovember-11-remembrance-day.html%3Fspref%3Dfb&h=NAQG10n1WAQEzwSKd8hzWGCLWdXFKnTOonhiDFnofD4yCHQ

i went up to the homless shelter where i know some vets are.

i got a deal with popa johns here. and told the shelter that i will supply dinner tonight. there are over 20 pepole up there some vets and some who are just homeless.

i got enough pizza and side orders to feed them all for tonight.

i served not during war time. but to give what i can to thoes who are in worse shape then I made me feel good.

i went up to the homless shelter where i know some vets are.

i got a deal with popa johns here. and told the shelter that i will supply dinner tonight. there are over 20 pepole up there some vets and some who are just homeless.

i got enough pizza and side orders to feed them all for tonight.

i served not during war time. but to give what i can to thoes who are in worse shape then I made me feel good.

:clap2: :thumbsup2: :clap2: :thumbsup2: :clap2: :thumbsup2: :clap2: :thumbsup2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

We attended the service at the Keystone Center here in Brandon. Our daughter Courtney is a Sea Cadet and was picked to be one of the Cenotaph Guards. She did a splendid job with her drill and "rest on arms reversed" was perfect.

We mingled with many many vets here. I find it amazing that we saw some with two and one with 3 bars on his Afghanistan medal. That means he served 4 tours...each tour close to a year.

Wow.

Thanks to all that gave it all and to those who still serve.

Got done up in my Legion uniform and went up to the middle school to give a speech on why we have Remembrance Day and what it means. About two hundred kids. They were very respectful. Gave interview on local radio later in day on same subject. When I was out selling poppies the week before I noted that a lot of young kids brought their parents over to make a donation. My wife organizes a pancake breakfast before the ceremonies. We served about 130 in two hours. Carried out duties at the cenotaph then up to the Legion for open house. It was packed. I noticed that the local media gave much better coverage of the events and veterans than they have in the past few years. We owe them a debt which can never be repaid. The best we can do is to keep their memory alive. Lest we forget.