IGNORED

Beautiful 10 point Buck

Yammer Dan

I counted the tines and looked at how heavy they were. Surely a Rack for the wall no matter what. About that time he jumped up and took off! I think next time I'll use a gun instead of the Ranger!!:bang head::bang head::bang head: It was a Rack to remember. Probally dead somewhere!!! Shame and fender, hood,headlight and parking light probally cost more than the meat was worth.

I do think I would have mounted that one and invented a good lie!! It was a beautiful rack!! I think the old man that lived close was going looking.

Go back to the scene tomorrow and look for the blood trail. If you hit him good he's probably not to far off the road. They run a little way then lay down, usually they'll bleed out while laying there.

Sorry about the truck. That's an expensive way to get venison.

Good hard hit I doubt he went far. The old guy that lived close can have him. I don't know about the meat after a hit that hard.

The undamaged side should be good. I used to be a cop and did alot of deer collisions. Alway tell people that I shot 15 deer in my life when they ask if I hunt. All of them got hit by a Buick or Chevy before I got them though.

If he was not busted up too bad some of the meat would be good.

I have brought home a few roadkills, you just cut out the bruised meat, which usually is not much, and the rest is plenty good. I would have been out first thing this morning looking for him to. After noon today I would start to be worried about the quality/safety of the meat.

If he got up and left the scene, he is not that busted up.

Here in WI there is no problem with mounting a road kill if you want to. Once the LEO slaps the road kill tag on it its yous to do with pretty much as you please. The only things you can not do is sell any part of the deer or take it whole across state lines.

I used to give the driver a chance to claim the meat if he/she wanted it. I also had a freind that would come out and get the kill if it went unclaimed. He owned the cougar in the Lincoln commercials on TV. That cat liked roadkill. Would eat hide, meat and bone.

I used to give the driver a chance to claim the meat if he/she wanted it. I also had a freind that would come out and get the kill if it went unclaimed. He owned the cougar in the Lincoln commercials on TV. That cat liked roadkill. Would eat hide, meat and bone.

This cougar? Oh, and the blond,,,, Farrah Fawcett.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofaCGy-wVV0]TV Commercial Mercury Cougar 1975 - YouTube[/ame]

even busted up and bruised meat makes good dog food. cut it up and put it in a big pot with some water and boil it good and let the bones settle to the bottom, or pick out the bones when it cools. Then mix it with their dry food. Dogs love it.

Don't have a dog. The Warden has me. I would have like to had that rack. One of the most impressive I've seen. It was a beauty but its 60 miles away in the woods. 500 buck deductable sucks.

I had one ding on the Ranger that was there when I got it. Might be able to get a good deal on it since its already there.

Isnt it funny how right before you hit one, everything slows down in your mind. Years ago I was coming through a bridge. Just as I was entering the bridge at roughly 80 mph (oops) a big buck came out right on the other end. In a split second I had time to think, stay on the gas and dont swerve (in the bridge by now), stop after the hit to maintain control, and the last thing I did was count. 1,2,3,4,5 Holy Crap He Is A Nice Buck. So after the hood on my truck came up over the cab, I got it stopped. I went back to where the buck layed in the ditch. at -20 below in the dark, all I noticed was no more rack.......I suppose 80 mph will do that. But it is amazing all the things you can think of in a situation like that. But you always have to count.....hehehe

Early last Spring I was heading up I-91 in Northern Vermont in my F-150. I was noticing lots of deer in the surrounding pastures...just then 2 deer ran right out in front of me, all I remember was two heads, one right in front of the other, and their black eyes staring at me. Then, WHAM! :255::255: Took em both out. Did almost 7 grand worth of damage to the truck. Thank God for Allstate!

We rode the Venture through the same area on the way out to Niagara Falls with friends just a couple months later. Didn't tell the wife it was the same road:no-no-no:...but I WAS a little nervous. Didn't see any deer that time-whew!

1/2crazed

Don't have a dog. The Warden has me. I would have like to had that rack. One of the most impressive I've seen. It was a beauty but its 60 miles away in the woods. 500 buck deductable sucks.

I had one ding on the Ranger that was there when I got it. Might be able to get a good deal on it since its already there.

I just noticed you have a 500 BUCK deductable........I supppose you only got to hit 499 more before you can collect.......insert rimshot sound here........

Adjuster called it a little over 1000 bucks damage. I'm thinking it will go over that. Take it to shop and find out. Fender, hood, headlight assembly & paint??? The complete grill and everything is pushed to the side. How much can they bend back in place and still do a good job?

They sent me a check for 600 bucks this morning and a sheet that claims existing damage and they don't have to fix it with Ford parts. And fixing existing panels. I DON'T THINK SO!! Guess I'm getting ready to have it out with another Insurance company!!! Hey Slick where are you?? I need help!! I don't remember having a "minor" claim like this. What accidents i've had have been major ones til this one. But I want my truck fixed!!! They say they will repair and refinish hood and fender. I'm getting steamed!!