IGNORED

rx riding glasses

playboy

I know there are a bunch of you out there that can't see has anybody tried any of the rx safety glasses for riding. I,m needing a pair for work and riding. they must be wrap around design for work and wind protection on the bike. Yahoo listed several companies that supply these just wondering if anyone has used any of them and there results.

who is good to do business with etc...

:grandpa:

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/safreadglas.html#top

I have ordered a few pair from this outfit and was pleased with service and product quality. My distance vision is fine I just cant read my gps, the 2x did the trick for me.:080402gudl_prv:

Craig

I have used this co. also and was pleased with them. like cecdoo i need them for up close my distance vision is fine , they work great you can see speedo , gps ,ect. i have a clear set and sunglass set . :cool10:

I have the wiley-x SG1 glasses with my scrip's in them. you will not want to ware them to work in as they will not get enough air through to keep them from foging up unless you try to get the lenses vented

I will most likey try the vented lens in my next pair

Dray

I have the Wiley X glasses also, with scrips in them and with transition lenses. They work great and I should have bought them years ago. I bought them thru my optician. They are a bit pricey but work great and will withstand an impact from stones, etc at high speeds.

Jim

Instead, I buy Cocoon's over glasses. Both sunglass and clear for night.

They are much more solid than the Walgreens version (which the arms break).

Find them in Bass Pro shops or go on line to Amazon, Sunglass Giant or Cocoons.

You can buy "overs" that neatly fit over your glasses or buy bigger for more of a goggle.

(I bought the wide-mid for sunglasses and the pilot for clear at night.)

Just a thought, they're about $45.

www,zennioptical.com

have ordered a couple pairs from them.

cheap so you really don't have to worry about breaking them.

I have my good pair of dark and clear RX Okley's but don't like wearing them

or carrying them on long trips, because I usually will loose or break a pair.

So I invested in 3 aux. pairs from Zenni for my motorcycle travels and it works out great.

Started using a pair at work si I don't break my good pair.

They have an assortment of styles.

www,zennioptical.com

I have bought several pair from www,zennioptical.com also. They are the cheapest price I have found. Usually around $60 for single vision. If you go to the sight select googles from the menu on the left. There are 3 pages of different styles.

Normally takes about 3 weeks for prescription glasses to ship. I mistyped my prescription on one pair I ordered (totally my fault) and they replaced them with no problems or additional cost.

Thanks a bunch so tired of swapping glasses all the time so I'm wanting to try the transition lenses. I can still see distance pretty good with my prescriptions but if I have to stop an look at a map will you know the drill. The paper mills are getting so strict on safety glasses with side shields I 'm going to have to something so might as well kill two birds with one stone. The 1.5 diopter bifocal safety glasses are to strong no one I've found has them any lower.

Thanks a bunch so tired of swapping glasses all the time so I'm wanting to try the transition lenses. I can still see distance pretty good with my prescriptions but if I have to stop an look at a map will you know the drill. The paper mills are getting so strict on safety glasses with side shields I 'm going to have to something so might as well kill two birds with one stone. The 1.5 diopter bifocal safety glasses are to strong no one I've found has them any lower.

I love the transitions. I got them specifically for the bike originally so I wouldnt have to hunt around for sunglasses that I was always leaving laying around. I have the darkest ones made and the get dark within 20 secs of being outside, but take longer to lighten. When they are less than a couple of years old they get back to clear pretty will. After that they seem to be a bit slowere to get dark and never get compltetely clear either.I change glasses every couple of years so it doesnt see m to be a concern for me.

Its great not having to pack other glasses along!

brian