IGNORED

MPG - Average 7,000 miles

BradT

I was checking MPG when we went away this past summer and then when I got home I just kept keeping track. Attached is a couple of charts with all the fuel records, with a trailer and without.

The first page is pretty accurate, but the second page may be off one or two fill ups either way.

To those who get higher MPG, I don't know how you do it, but I am sure we do not drive the same. :rotf:

PS. Takes too long at every fill up so I am not checking anymore :sign20:

Brad

I kept track over most of the summer as well. Averaged around 48 to 52 mpg (Cdn) riding two up (My wife is kind of small) on the two lane roads at 85 to 95 kph. By myself on the four lane roads at 120 to 130 kph mileage tended to be in the 43 to 45 mpg (Cdn) range. Higher speeds and harder acceleration tended to hurt mileage more than riding two up. I'd say your figures look pretty reasonable especially with a trailer.

Andy

If you have an Iphone check out the Accufuel app from www.appigo.com. It takes just a couple of seconds to record the odometer reading, gallons used and fuel price and the app calculates the tank and overall average immediately. You can export the data as csv file for use in spreadsheets. I track mileage, gallons used and cost.

Dennis

I kept closed track of my mileage this summer on a 5200 mile trip back east and back. The average was just over 42MPG over the 2 week period. My current average is just over 40 and I pull a loaded trailer about 25% of the time. I use the "DriverDiary" APP

Averaged around 48 to 52 mpg (Cdn) riding two up (My wife is kind of small) on the two lane roads at 85 to 95 kph.

I weigh 229 my wife weioghs 210. I went Daytona back in October. I ran at 65 MPH. I got ab out 35 MPG.

Two things I've noted about why the milage is better riding two up.:scratchchin:

One is the worry of getting slapped up side the head on take offs...:bang head:

The other I believe is less drag when the back seat is filled up. On my solo cross country trips, I make sure that back seat is full of my camping gear so the wind goes around the trunk.

I havn't got that kind of mileage you mentioned since the bike was new.

How many miles on your 06?? Mine didn't get into the 40's mpg much until after 40.000 miles (american). Since then, closin' in on 88k now, I can still get 45 mpg riding two up on the two lanes. Seems to take a while to break them in good.:D

Don't feel bad Brad, on a 2 up towing a trailer high speed i.e. 80mph trek with the trike we get as low as 20mpg! Just tooling around the country we get around 30+...

Sounds like you need to grease that third wheel Bob.:doh:

Edited by Scooter Bob
had to give BongoBob a little dig. Haven't seen him in a while.

I heard someone say two things a man will lie about (may have been on here), one was fuel mileage and can't remember the other one. I do think there is some truth to riding two up, on one trip I got 40 mpg (best EVER) with the wife on flat roads at a true 70 mph. The rest of the time it avg between 32 and 37. 06 rstd.

a man will lie about, one was fuel mileage and can't remember the other one. .

HAHA, I guess I could have fudged the numbers, but didn't.

Greg, I can get the big variances with the jumps on two lane roads and sticking to the speed limit. Okay 5 mph over based on the GPS speed.

I find that the interstates and running pretty hard really drains the fuel, even worse than city driving.

Could also be that the tank was not as full as the last one. Hard to determine an decent average on one tank when the tank is so small.

Brad