IGNORED

Re: Heated Liner or Heated Glove?

Solodadof2

Instead of heated gloves, try going two or three sizes larger on insulated gloves. I found that my hands were getting cold, even with insulated gloves, but I had kept to my size,,, medium. I went out a bought XXL insulated gloves and now have no problem. I thought that the gloves would be too big, but found that not to be the case. They fit very well. The trick is that the larger gloves don't tighten over your fingers and so keep the cold at bay.

NOw when I do buy heated gear Im going to get the heated liners. I found a really nice set of thermal line deer skin guantlets. They are good down to freezing but under that the hands get a little cold. So my theory is that since they are so comfy the liners would allow me to have a comfy set of guanlets when its not quite as cold and heated gauntlets when it gets really cold. Oh yeah I also have a set of deer skin light weight work gloves I use when its warm . The deer skin is just much more soft and comfortable to me than standard leather and I can feel the controls better.

David

The thing about keeping warm is your core temp. If your torso area begins to get cold , heated gloves will not do anything for you besides keep your hands warm. If you keep the blood in your core a constant warm temp, your extremities will stay warm also within reason. If it were me buying I would go a heated liner and get a decent pair of insulated gloves

:2cents:

What works for me is layers.I have a great Motorcycle jacket with a zip out liner.When it gets cold,I wear another liner under that.It seems to keep me real toasty.I have a pair of thick winter thermo gloves and use my heated grips.I take off one of liners if needed when it warms up.

A heated vest is a good thing if you dont want to wear layers but it sucks lots of power from the bike.

i have heated gloves, but i've have only used them as gloves. i never had a problem keeping my torso warm even in 30 degree weather. i am a diabetic (10 years ) & the last year or so my hands have been getting cold. so maybe this winter i'll plug in the heat controller and start using the heat. i know i live in south texas so it realy doesn't get that cold or stay cold for long. thats just me.

don c.

Up here in ( Winterpeg ) it gets quite cold this time of year and from now till the snow comes and the streets get icy I continue to ride I have a Gerbings jacket and for the very cold days I have a Gerbings jacket liner which I wear under my motorcycle jacket I've had these since1997, and for warm hands I use a gauntlet style mitt, I found out many years back that mitts are a much better way to keep my hands warm,the mitt has a single finger "trigger finger"and the other 3 fingers are all warm together, and the thumb and the single finger allow use of the controls, I bought these at a local chain " Marks" I'm sure if you have never tried mitts you will be happy when you do !.....mobile