IGNORED

US Cellular Provider Plans

Guest Slab_Ryder

Guest Slab_Ryder

I am heading for the US several times this winter. I have an unlocked iPhone 4S and was wondering if any of the American Cellular Providers offer free roaming data charges? I am looking to get a Pay As You Go Sim Card.

In the U.S. we have 2 carriers that offer GSM service: AT&T and T-Mobil.

You can find the AT&T prepaid plans HERE. They say that data for smartphones is not available on the prepaid plans. Not sure if they can tell you have a smartphone or not.....

T-mobil doesn't seem to offer data on their prepaid plans. It is included in monthly plans HERE.

Tracfones, you buy them in Walmart for $9.99 and then purchase a 60 minute card which they usually double the minutes. The 60 minute card gives you 90 days of service and the 60 minutes (as stated previously these are usually doubled). Ask the clerk in Walmart to activate the phone in the store, most will do and if not go to their customer service and they usually actvate the phone for you immediately.

Guest tx2sturgis
I am heading for the US several times this winter. I have an unlocked iPhone 4S and was wondering if any of the American Cellular Providers offer free roaming data charges? I am looking to get a Pay As You Go Sim Card.

I guess Canada got the unlocked 4s already? We have to wait a little while before we can get one here in the USA.

You got several answers regarding voice roaming, but you asked about data roaming. Depending on your carrier you can activate international data roaming so you dont get hit with 'bill shock' after returning home. Call them and ask.