IGNORED

A couple of questions on the Venture Lite backrest

rstacy

It looks like the backrest is easy to remove for the times that I have a passenger on the bike. Is that correct? A couple of pins and pops off?

Do the brackets for the backrest tend to dig in to the seat? Any wear marks or holes from the backrest or the brackets?

The only problem I have with mine is when I open the trunk all the way the bolt in the drivers back rest dug into the top of the passenger’s backrest. They are still worth getting. Mine stays on even with a passenger. No pins (that I know of) but it is a quick and easy removal.

I think this is what you are talking about.

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/ab69/tcoop_album/Bikes/24026242.jpg

Edited by tcoop

The only problem I have with mine is when I open the trunk all the way the bolt in the drivers back rest dug into the top of the passenger’s backrest. They are still worth getting. Mine stays on even with a passenger. No pins (that I know of) but it is a quick and easy removal.

I'd say no since it has the remote adjustment and truck bracket screws. Yes it can be done, but pack a lunch....

I think this is what you are talking about.

The '86 is a different animal....

Thanks guys. It is the original seat. I'm going to install it but I didn't want the brackets digging on to the seat.

Maybe it will work with a passenger but I'm a big guy and there may not be room for the three of us. Thats why I asked about quick removal.

Condor, what are you saying no to?

I'd say no since it has the remote adjustment and truck bracket screws. Yes it can be done, but pack a lunch....

Ray

thanks guys. It is the original seat. I'm going to install it but i didn't want the brackets digging on to the seat.

Maybe it will work with a passenger but i'm a big guy and there may not be room for the three of us. Thats why i asked about quick removal.

Condor, what are you saying no to?

Ray

easily.......

OK... Cancel all my DS posts... the light bulb just went on. I picked up the passenger out of the first post and thought that was what he was taking about. My bad.... DOH!!

BTW Don.. I can do mine in 1 second on my '91..... :stirthepot: And no I ain't gonna do no dang video.... :)

OK... Cancel all my DS posts... the light bulb just went on. I picked up the passenger out of the first post and thought that was what he was taking about. My bad.... DOH!!

BTW Don.. I can do mine in 1 second on my '91..... :stirthepot: And no I ain't gonna do no dang video.... :)

You did have me confused there!:confused07:

OK then...I can do it in 1/2 second. :) Actually, I have a Corbin seat on the '99 and long ago removed the one screw that holds the backrest in. So, it just pulls right out. No reason for it to be bolted in that I know of.

Yep... me too.... :)