IGNORED

Winter storms!!

sarges46

I am still reading about the winter storms you guys in the south are getting and the havoc it is causing!

Please take care and if you dont have to drive...dont.

We came home last night from Winnipeg....normally a 2.5 hour drive...it took us 5 hrs. (we also stopped to eat). But even with being used to the bad stuff it still was awful!

Take care and hopefully you are all ok.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

Close to 40 deg last night with about .3 of an inch of rain, currently 1:30 pm and 13 deg on the thermometer with heavy wind.

Remember Midnight rider talking about 60 deg weather and going riding a couple of days ago? They have blowing and drifting snow today.

Jerry

Hey Sarge, Mery Christmas and a happy new year to you.

Yea, it's winter here for sure. The last two days was 36 and slush on the ice when I was fishing.

This front should take care of that.

Last night the front came through. 13 right now, probably got 4-5" on the ground with strong winds and more snow on the way.

Sitting here keeping the wood stove going today. Might just have to have me a coctail.

Probabaly won't go out and shovel till tomorrow.

Steve

Yeah, Flippin' Kansas & we got 9 inches with 35 mph winds.

A 32 car pile-up on the news last night.

Roads, Bridges, & even exits closed on major highways [i-70] & the pike.

Emergency shelters for the stranded were put in place.

The day before hit 60*

Here's a pic of my driveway, from the upstairs window, after it slowed down:

Yeah, Flippin' Kansas & we got 9 inches with 35 mph winds.

A 32 car pile-up on the news last night.

Roads, Bridges, & even exits closed on major highways [i-70] & the pike.

Emergency shelters for the stranded were put in place.

The day before hit 60*

Here's a pic of my driveway, from the upstairs window, after it slowed down:

popeye.

all i can say, brother, is - - - - - BETTER YOU , THAN ME!!!!

see ya in the spring!

just jt

Guest tessa c2

got up to the melting point today, yesterday with the wind chil was down to -30's, never really noticed it to much though, got the dodge4x4 stuck checking snares, when the snow is half way up the door, and you've stopped, it's not a real good thing. don't we just love winter:rotf:

Guest tessa c2

Rick that was what it was like when i had come home from Kyle last week, blowing snow, what usually takes me an hour to drive stretched out to 21/2 hours, got home and it was darker than a sac, so i had thought that Hazel had stayed in Herbert till the storm lightened up, well i go to the house and see her through the kitchen window, setting out all these sexy little candles all over, hummm says I, well it turns out that a semi tractor trailor had shot off the hi way and tore down some power lines, and we were out of power. i kid you not there was places on the road were i had to stop, because i couldn't see the grass along the edge of the road, well i go out to the shop and start pulling in the camping gear, fire up the wood stove and the fire place up stairs, at least we had heat, the power came on about 5 1/2 hours later, once the storm let up and the power crew could come out.