IGNORED

California Bound

crockettrider

The wife and I have an opening of sorts and are throwing together a trip out to California for 3 weeks (roundtrip). We have a son attending school in Berkeley and we will tow our bunkhouse "pop up" as our hotel.

Time constraints and getting the businesses set are making planning difficult. Just not enough time.

We are planning on leaving East Texas Friday and head??? I wanted to hit Utah and pick up an extra wife or two. I will have to play that one by ear....but seriously, I did want to head north as the weather seems to be okay at the moment. I will play that by ear.

A friend in Colorado said to avoid the State as higher elevations are getting snow.

I guess what I am asking in a round about way.....any suggestions, routes, sights, eateries....anything?

We are more country than city and love to ride and take in sites as well as shorter hikes and nice sites. We have California mostly planned as the son has worked on it.

Any info or ideas would really be appreciated!

Oh, I owe Buddy a hello from our recent Ark. trip. Hard to forget that day in Paris!!!lol

Temps in Utah valleys are upper 60's during the afternoon and mid 40's at night. Mountain passes are usually about 10 degrees cooler. There could be some afternoon quick showers here and there. If you come to SLC and then across I80, donner pass could be the tricky part and you'll want to check the weather. Stop by if you come up our way. We have beds and showers at a reasonable price LOL.

Oh, you'll need to swing by Hilldale, UT or Colorado City, AZ for the extra wives.

Dave

Utah has some of the greatest scenery. Come up through the 4 corners area, you can stop in Moab/Arches National Park. There is also Zions National Park just 30 min away from St. George, UT. An easy side trip.

Even if you don't come all the way north to SLC, you can cross on I70, take I15 to Las Vegas, on to Baker, CA (I think) and then go north.

Hope it helps!

Dave