IGNORED

1st Day Back

Yammer Dan

Yesterday after procrastinating about it forever I went to the gym. I can't pick up my coffee cup this morning!! Was on this site just before I went out the door and was thinking about things. So it is this sites fault that I may have overdone it 1st day in about 5 yrs. What I need is to embarrass myself on here so I won't quit. Have really slipped from what I used to be. Getting old and weak. Could probally knock me down with a feather:whistling:!!

I paid for membership yesterday in hopes it will drive me a little. If you pay for something you should use it?? My arms really hurt this morning.Think I could get a little prayer for that or do I have to apply elsewhere??:whistling: Sorry Don....If you guys would push me a little this time it might help me to get the habit started again. If you get in a habit of working out you don't want to miss it. But if you don't do it regular it is easy to make excuses to skip days and then it goes downhill from there. Getting knocked down as I did it gives you a great excuse not to do it. OK Thats enough. Get out of chair and do something!!

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Dan I will be feeling your pain soon.:crying: Checking out a Fitness Center here. It has a Monthly pay-as-you-go Plan vice a yearly Contract to use the place. Membership card is like a ATM card fer de front door so I can come and abuse myself anytime day/night 24/7.

Boomer....who sez he needs extra muscle to keep dem pygmies in line.:happy34:

Had to ask the Warden to scratch the back of my neck. Couldn't get my hand up there!!

Gary I do something on that blasted garage every day. Tired of the damn thing.Gonna have a Yard sale. Sell all the bikes and quit!!

Hey Joe "GO FOR A RIDE"!!! I'm going to do some light stuff to try and loosen up a little here at home. Dam I hurt.

Hang in there Dan!

Next time you go to work out it will hurt again..but not as much

Then the next time...it will hurt less...or you can do more and only hurt the same:bang head:

But eventually the hurt stops...and when you stop working out....you miss it!

I know I did!:whistling:

At first anyway!

Hang in there Dan!

Next time you go to work out it will hurt again..but not as much

Then the next time...it will hurt less...or you can do more and only hurt the same:bang head:

But eventually the hurt stops...and when you stop working out....you miss it!

I know I did!:whistling:

At first anyway!

Yep I've been thru the whole thing Steve. I want to get back to wanting to do it again. I've lost so much muscle mass I'm ashamed to take shirt off anymore. Arms that could once go 18+ inches now go 15. Chest was 48 now 45 and so on. It's time to turn it around.

Hey Dan why pay for a membership?

You have all those First Gen. sitting around you could work out on them.

:stickpoke::duck:

Yeah I know go to my corner..:whistling:

That was part of the plan but just find a doppie around here that wants to work. Garage is moving along very slowly. Can't seem to handle what I used to. Today I'm raking leaves for 15 min take 45 min break. Didn't it used to be the other way around??? I got a leaf blower but they came down so thick the other day its a mess.

You need a more powerful leaf blower.

Watch the bushes behind the fence.

I think he was running this one at part throttle

The "blower" in these two vids can output a little over 500 CFM at about 840 MPH. This will move some leaves. The type in both of these vids is a P70. Data sheet in the attached spreadsheet.

Edited by Flyinfool

Dan,

In all seriousness, dont jump in full bore, you will just hurt yourself. Build up to it, do more cardio that weights starting off. Get your body used to a gradual change, you didn't get this way over night. Go 3 times a week, then when you dont hurt so bad, go more often. Little steps man, you definitely dont need to pull muscles because you could do a certain thing at one point in your life....keep it up!

I know not to push it too hard. I just can't remember getting this sore. But I've never gone this long without doing something to stay in shape. No excuse. I stayed in that easy chair with the remote in my hand way longer than I should have. If you remember I broke the hardware in my leg by trying to get back too soon. But that is still no excuse. I did a few light leg presses yesterday and bum leg sure didn't like them. NO PAIN NO GAIN. Ouch!! Ouch!! Ouch!! You guys just remind me once in a while not to quit this time.

I worked around the house a little yesterday. Got rid of a little of the soreness. Still got alot of it but back to the gym today. Gonna try for 3 days a week. After I get some resemblance of what I used to be back I can cut down to just maintain. Its more about reps now than it is weight. I never did try to push a bunch of weight. Its called "working out" not "bust your gut in one move" I'm just doing a mixed bunch of stuff. Kind of walk around try this machine walk a little more try this one. Throw a few free weight moves in there. My favorite used to be lay a dumbell on the floor behind a regular weight bench. Lie on your back with your shoulders on the bench. Reach back to the floor and do skull crusher presses with the dumbell. I could do a 90 lb in each hand. Think I'll start with both hands on a 40 or less....ouch! I still hurt.

Hey Joe. Get Moving!!

BOOMER When is start date? Yesterday???

Edited by Yammer Dan

How about this for incintive.

If you miss more than 5 scheduled days to work out in 6 mths you have to trade all your 1st gens in for a (99)2012 2nd Gen? :hurts::stirthepot::stickpoke:

Ain't missed any yet. Went tonight and just about had my stuff I wanted to do done. In the door comes my Son-in-law!!You aren't leaving are you Old Man??

I'll be lucky if I can get out of bed in the morning. I didn't overdo it with the amount of weight but I stayed with him and his buddies in a brutal arm and shoulder work-out. Did every rep they did. With a lot less weight. I told him "I'm useing these littler ones cause i can still throw them pretty the 1st laugh I hear!! I should have shot that kid a long time ago!!!I don't think I got enough left to pull a trigger.

We really hit it last night. I expected to be a lot sorer than I am. Did take some Naproxen. Didn't seem to help much. I'll do some light stretching. Might help. Trying to remember how many sets or reps we did but it was a good 45 min of steady pumping iron. And as I said I got there almost a hour before they did and had already done what I had intended to for the day.

BOOMER When is start date? Yesterday???

Dan .....I plan to strart a vigorous 3x's a week program in mid-November. Gotta get checked out by my Doc first to make sure I don't kill mahself trying to get into shape....:whistling:

Boomer.....who sez he kin groan louder den Dan.:rotfl:

If you want a really good workout....along with your son and his friends...spend a few hours pushing around some concrete!!!!!

:sign cmon:

Winter is coming!!!!!!!!:snow::snow2:

What are you waiting for????

:santa:??????

Just trying to motivate you with love:buttkick:

(meanwhile my HOUSE is still in mid reno!