IGNORED

YICS - soft connecting hoses?

• 3 weeks later...

I pulled the carbs and adjusted the fuel levels today. Two of the carbs had 18 mm below center (specs 14) so I fixed that. While the carbs where off I replaced the old soft YICS hoses with new and steel braided ones. Looks nice and I think I regained a couple of ponies! It feels stronger but I can't tell if it's just placebo... At least it runs more stable and smooth now. The low fuel levels probably caused a sort of pulsating feeling as someone pulled very slightly on and off the throttle. Seems to be gone now!:)

I have clocked around 9000 km now with the Ignitech TCI and it works Tip Top!

I want to connect a vacuum sensor and the fiddle with the ignition curve again.

Ok, see you later!

I pulled the carbs and adjusted the fuel levels today. Two of the carbs had 18 mm below center (specs 14) so I fixed that. While the carbs where off I replaced the old soft YICS hoses with new and steel braided ones. Looks nice and I think I regained a couple of ponies! It feels stronger but I can't tell if it's just placebo... At least it runs more stable and smooth now. The low fuel levels probably caused a sort of pulsating feeling as someone pulled very slightly on and off the throttle. Seems to be gone now!:)

I have clocked around 9000 km now with the Ignitech TCI and it works Tip Top!

I want to connect a vacuum sensor and the fiddle with the ignition curve again.

Ok, see you later!

FWIW

The worst problem with the YICS was the plastic box itself, not the hoses. It would crack in the seams and allow vacum leak to either air or another chamber. If you can put a vac gauge and pump on each port of the box seperately, and each port will hold 10-15in with out dropping, then will will be ok for now. If you ever to suspect vacum problems, then suspect the YICS box.

TBQH I didn't suspect that steel braided YICS hoses should ad any significant amount of power to the engine. The reason for using steel braided was that the dimension was appropriate. The other hoses I had was way too thick and bulky. And it adds a bit of bling-bling to the murky area under the carbs; ha ha!

TGIAF :)

SO far on this thread I've seen TBX, FWIW, OMG, TBQH ,TGIAF, ROFLMAO and of course TCI and YICS

Its bad enough trying to learn the mechanics of the bike without learning a new language too!

You guys using your cell phones to post?

SO far on this thread I've seen TBX, FWIW, OMG, TBQH ,TGIAF, ROFLMAO and of course TCI and YICS

Its bad enough trying to learn the mechanics of the bike without learning a new language too!

You guys using your cell phones to post?

Keep reading, Trader...you might be learning Swedish!:rotf: