IGNORED

Hand painted pin stripes

Wayne O

That striping is awesome! Pin stripes add a more personal look than purchased add-ons. Congrats.

I'm curious about the trailer. Is that a Harbor Freight Tagalong? If so, did you fabricate the bumper, what is it made of, and how is it attached? It sure makes the rear of the trailer look more finished.

That striping is awesome! Pin stripes add a more personal look than purchased add-ons. Congrats.

I'm curious about the trailer. Is that a Harbor Freight Tagalong? If so, did you fabricate the bumper, what is it made of, and how is it attached? It sure makes the rear of the trailer look more finished.

Mel, my trailer is the PiggyBacker. Bet they would sell you just the bumper.

Actually it looks like bent 1/2" metal conduit from the hardware store.

It just slides up into the end of the frame, and has some set screws

that keep it tight.

... for great pinstriping. :whistling:

However, if you want to do the "decal" method, here's a great place to get real quality and selection.

http://www.winnerscyclegraphics.com/

I ordered their sampler kit and their product is very good. I am going to be getting more but I think I will be going with a 2-color of burgundy and gold.

Here's what the sampler looks like...

[ATTACH]61735[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61736[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]61737[/ATTACH]

Check with your local sign shop to see what they have.

Any shop with a decent library of clip-art graphics should be able to provide a wide range of choices....and vinyl colour choices.

A lot of what the shop above provides in there kit is "fluff"

you don't have to have "application" fluid; a spray bottle of clean water with a couple drops of dish detergent will work just fine.

A sturdy credit card will suffice for a squeegee...and lint free paper towels are almost a basic commoditee in most shops.

$99 for 5 graphics is a lot of money considering they are probably under a foot in size.

5 years ago, Vinyl only cost me about $3.50 a foot (for 24" wide!)

At that price it might be worth getting my cutter out of storage and take on a few orders!

Edited by Trader
to acknowledge NOT hand painted...but

Check with your local sign shop to see what they have.

Any shop with a decent library of clip-art graphics should be able to provide a wide range of choices....and vinyl colour choices.

One would think so .... except we probably have 10,000 sign shops around here.... and how many calls will I have to make before I will find one that will, and moreover can do that kind of work and for a reasonable price. IMO, $99 for a complete set of pinstripes is, to me, a reasonable price, considering the quality of the product. Oh, and one does not have to take their "kit" ... you can custom order what you want and leave the rest out and it will be priced accordingly.

Sure, a guy could get a "hand job" done but, what if you decide you want to change it after the fact.... decals come off relatively easy .... hand painted..not so.

In any event, I just made the suggestion ... to each their own.