IGNORED

Need more room!

dddeering

So, I've learned what to pack and how to pack from the great posts on this site, but the better half is still looking for a little more area. On one of my rides I saw a HD with a small strap on piece of luggage that hooked to the saddlebag rails. It was about a 16x6X4 high.

I thought it might be a nice place to put glasses, gloves, sun tan lotion and such.

Any body seen such a thing, or know where to find it?

:think::think::think::think::confused07:

Looks like you camp when you travel, so with that in mind, have you ever considered a trailer, or even a camper/trailer? Just looking at the way your bike is loaded, and this is a guess, I would think you are over the weight carrying capacity of the bike.

I do not camp when on the motorcycle, and with everything for a week of riding, with my stuff being minimal and my tailgunner having most of the packing space, we are over the weight carrying numbers for the RSV already.

I am going to a trailer, to get the weight off the bike, and give us some extra room. I know with towing comes all the pros/cons of towing, so is it a good choice, well not sure, but I like the idea of less weight on bike.

Good luck

Brian

Edited by exrsa1
Can't spell

My wife and I travel quite a bit mc camping, short over night and long rides of weeks at a time.

over night to a week I carry enough to get by, bags and a tent, change of clothes, couple extra shirts. If needed I will do laundry.

On my extented trips I take clothes that I will be replacing. old socks, underware, shirts pants, whatever that is needed. As I travel I just throw away the old which lightens my load and gives me a little room for collecting shirts as I travel. For underware and socks, I stop and buy a new pack as needed.

I usually eat at mom and pops, but when I know I'm going to a remote camp, I'll pick up a sub sandwick and a drink to enjoy the evening in camp. Always have an extra few bottles of water to brush my teeth and get a GI bath. Look for camps that have faculities to shower daily, but have had to go a day without.

I have found this works well for me, as I like to ride and sight see, not setting and breaking down camp.

Love to ride and stay around small towns( not tourist traps), walking main street in the evening can be interesting as people are very friendly. I'll stop and do the tourist traps during the day as I'm passing through.

These things have worked for us since the 1970's

So, I've learned what to pack and how to pack from the great posts on this site, but the better half is still looking for a little more area. On one of my rides I saw a HD with a small strap on piece of luggage that hooked to the saddlebag rails. It was about a 16x6X4 high.

I thought it might be a nice place to put glasses, gloves, sun tan lotion and such.

Any body seen such a thing, or know where to find it?

:think::think::think::think::confused07: