IGNORED

Looking for headset for 90 1300 DAC

wiggyii

I have an immediate need for my 90 model XVZ13DAC Venture. It has OEM CB and Intercom, but I need to obtain a headset and mike to use them. I was hoping someone who has a similar bike or who is familiar with this setup, can give me some information on where I could best find these items.

I have just bought this bike, and it is cherry! Everything works, but it does not have a headset / mike.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Go to wingstuff.com they have the best prices on the j & m which in my opinion is the best for the price.

I have an immediate need for my 90 model XVZ13DAC Venture. It has OEM CB and Intercom, but I need to obtain a headset and mike to use them. I was hoping someone who has a similar bike or who is familiar with this setup, can give me some information on where I could best find these items.

I have just bought this bike, and it is cherry! Everything works, but it does not have a headset / mike.

Any help would be most appreciated.

hey your not all that far from me..........I could always swing down for a ride and you could see the setup I use................

At least it would give you an idea of what you might want.

My flip face helmet headset I got from here http://www.sierra-mc.com ............cant remeber the model but its a J & M. My shorty helmet I bought from a member here that had a helmetless headset he didnt use so I got it for a steal.

Hope this helps

Oh yeah Im in mcleansville NC so your only 1 1/2 or so away and I got hunting buddies in Gold Hill so I could swing by for dinner with them too if your up for a ride one weekend or something let me know

David

Thank you. Looks like they may have something that will work. I have 2 connections on the left side of the rear luggage beside the passenger. I do not have a users manual to describe what they are for. Thinking one is for CB and the other for Stereo / Audio. I also have one 5 pin connector on the left side of the center cover at the drivers left knee. Can not find any "Mic" connection. Thinking it may be voice activated. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

hey your not all that far from me..........I could always swing down for a ride and you could see the setup I use................

At least it would give you an idea of what you might want.

My flip face helmet headset I got from here http://www.sierra-mc.com ............cant remeber the model but its a J & M. My shorty helmet I bought from a member here that had a helmetless headset he didnt use so I got it for a steal.

Hope this helps

Oh yeah Im in mcleansville NC so your only 1 1/2 or so away and I got hunting buddies in Gold Hill so I could swing by for dinner with them too if your up for a ride one weekend or something let me know

David

That sounds great. My wife and I would love to meet you. Locust is just SW of Gold Hill, through Mt Pleasant.

Let me know when you will be down this way. Thanks for the information.

William Flake

I have 2 connections on the left side of the rear luggage beside the passenger. I do not have a users manual to describe what they are for.

One is for the passenger headset, the other is for a passenger radio control. It looks like and has the same functions as the gray box on the clutch perch + CB PTT switch. Apparently yours is missing. Other than a passenger not being able to key up the CB you probably won't miss it much.

I also have one 5 pin connector on the left side of the center cover at the drivers left knee. Can not find any "Mic" connection. Thinking it may be voice activated. Any suggestions?

That connector is for the full headset - mic and ear pieces. The intercom is always live, although if it detects sound it will mute the CB and Radio/Cassette. The PTT for the CB is the red button on the front of the LH switch pod.