IGNORED

Install Round Aviation Vents in Windshield Video

I put those in my G2 W/S this year at MD. I guess I did it all wrong! :stirthepot: :stickpoke:

I left the W/S on the bike and guessed a where I wanted the 1st one and marked where to drill the pilot hole. measured 2-3 times and had others (thanks Kirby!!!) help verify the 2nd location. Drilled the 2 pilot holes then attacked it with the hole saw from the front. Stopped half way through, went around to the back side of the W/S and completed the cut from that side. It does make a lot of sawdust :shock3: but by the time I got back to Mississippi, all the dust was gone! :stickpoke::cool10::stickpoke:

Yeah, sometimes I'm a "here hold my beer and watch this!!!" kinda guy. :whistling:

nice video ......I just wish it would work on my 91............or at least I was told the curve of the 1st gen winshield wouldnt let the vent seal and they would leak.

David

I have a goldwing vent in the sheild on my 85 and its a lot longer than a round hole, depending on placement, I think you would be fine to put in a coupl eof round vents.

Brian

Guest Slab_Ryder

How about a Punka Louver.... (Sorry, flash back from my Submarine Days, whilst sitting in front of roaring fire at my cottage).

nice video ......I just wish it would work on my 91............or at least I was told the curve of the 1st gen winshield wouldnt let the vent seal and they would leak.

I put those same vents in my 87 VR. They are pretty close together in the lower-middle of the shield and they open and close fine. They don't flow a tremendous amount of air but add a little more freshness behind the shield.

Jeremy