IGNORED

Bagger Shield Adjustable Height Windshield, Yamaha Royal Star 1300

Santa Hal

I'd like to see/try one on a second gen. I get hot due to wearing mesh jacket and pants. Last year I installed (2) of the larger round aircraft spruce vents along with a 1800 Goldwing vent. This made it somewhat better, but, the only way to truly increase the airflow is to get rid of/lower the windshield....

Would like to hear more on this idea... at $169? seems to be a real bargain...

Can't remember whos bike it was, Toms? or maybe Ecks? Goldwing that had the large "accessory" side vents that pulled a large volume of air from the front of the bike and literally blasted the driver. To bad there is no such a thing for ventures...

Edited by CaptainJoe

There are a few guys over on the Roadglide forum that run them on their road glides. They like them. Most say they like the lower windshield on the road glide fairing for the looks. Then when they get out on the long trips they flip the shield for more height on long runs for more protection. Best of both worlds. I myself put a taller shield on, and really like it. But it did change the look of my bike alot. To each their own I guess. But the guys that put them on really like em.

• 1 year later...
Hi all, Just got my 07 RSMidnightV and I am interested in the baggershield.

My question is where does the 75mph air hit you when only the lower is on?

chest, face, top of helmet? I am 5'11"

Thanks all,

VentureFar...

In the face, but less than my 10" smoked windshield that I used to put on for one up riding. I think the wider shield does a lot to keep the air off your chest. You can read what I posted in a previous thread here:

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=75772

I think I posted previously that I rode 20 miles before I realized I didnt have the taller shield up.

Really like the option.

James

Thanks for the reply - so you are eating bugs with the lower by itself, right? The reason I press this issue is that I never just ride around town like go to the local watering hole or run errands on my bike. I am strictly a Saturday or sunday all day rider 200-600 miles and of course annual ( ride it there) Sturgis from Los Angeles. If the lower just clipped the top of my helmet that would be perfect for 99% percent of my riding, rain or shine.

Please comment.

thanks

VentureFar...

Thanks for the reply - so you are eating bugs with the lower by itself, right? The reason I press this issue is that I never just ride around town like go to the local watering hole or run errands on my bike. I am strictly a Saturday or sunday all day rider 200-600 miles and of course annual ( ride it there) Sturgis from Los Angeles. If the lower just clipped the top of my helmet that would be perfect for 99% percent of my riding, rain or shine.

Please comment.

thanks

VentureFar...

I think the reason I realized the upper was not "UP" was I caught a stray Oklahoma red wasp right above the visor on the helmet. :yikes: got lucky there. If you travel to sturgis and long trips, the upper shield IMHO provides more protection than the stock shield. Without it, You'll catch those bugs, yes. The lower only is more for town and watering hole trips In my humble opinion.

BTW, this is not a flimsy hokey shield. It is thicker and more sturdy than stock. And after catching a few rocks on the front from oil field trucks, I like that.

Thanks and glad you missed getting stung!

I definitely like the look of the lower smoke shield but it seems impractical for my type of riding if the air hits at forehead height.

Which height do you have as the lower? 8.5” to 13.5"

The Stock RSV windshield appears to measure 17".

I think, sitting on the bike with a tape measure - and judging how far back I am from the windshield that their 10.5” to 16.5 would send wind top of my helmet and the 16.5 would be like stock for full protection.

Like I said I am 5'11"

Can you see through the Smoke? using a tape measure it seems to me that 10.5 I would be still looking through the lower.

What do you think?

Thanks for all your help. Obviously none of us like to buy something that we ultimately regret- that is why I am so glad I found this forum.

Thanks

VentureFar...

Thanks and glad you missed getting stung!

I definitely like the look of the lower smoke shield but it seems impractical for my type of riding if the air hits at forehead height.

Which height do you have as the lower? 8.5” to 13.5"

The Stock RSV windshield appears to measure 17".

I think, sitting on the bike with a tape measure - and judging how far back I am from the windshield that their 10.5” to 16.5 would send wind top of my helmet and the 16.5 would be like stock for full protection.

Like I said I am 5'11"

Can you see through the Smoke? using a tape measure it seems to me that 10.5 I would be still looking through the lower.

What do you think?

Thanks for all your help. Obviously none of us like to buy something that we ultimately regret- that is why I am so glad I found this forum.

Thanks

VentureFar...

First, I am 6'1" so may be a couple inches above your helmet height.

Next, I have the 10.5" to 16.5" but when raised, I think it does a better job sending wind above you than the stock. Flex? IDK. Remember it's wider by 4"

You can see thru the lower. I dont think you would be looking thru but over it.

I can see why you would be hesitant. It is an unconventional way of thinking to have a 2 piece shield. The attaching system is fairly easy to use, but I am not concerned at all about it not holding. Very sturdy.

I also am not concerned about rain coming between the shields. Maybe 1/8th inch apart with maybe 2 inches of overlap.

When we ride, I find that 90% of the time, I have the upper shield in place. Around town, 3 minutes and it's down.

Hope this helps,

James

deepforkriver, James.

Thank you. Exactly the info I was seeking. It will be my next purchase after Hyperlites for the rear.

So far in 3 weeks I have

1. trunk rack for tent for sturgis

2. kury Hwy pegs

3. VisionX 3" Optimus LED lights

4. Ram mount for gps

5. Ram mount for cup holder

6. Kisan headlight modulator.

7. hand carrying my seat and pillion to Rick in TX for comfort Mod.

8. will be hyperlites

9cool looking baggershield 10.5

Thanks for your help.

deepforkriver, James.

Thank you. Exactly the info I was seeking. It will be my next purchase after Hyperlites for the rear.

So far in 3 weeks I have

1. trunk rack for tent for sturgis

2. kury Hwy pegs

3. VisionX 3" Optimus LED lights

4. Ram mount for gps

5. Ram mount for cup holder

6. Kisan headlight modulator.

7. hand carrying my seat and pillion to Rick in TX for comfort Mod.

8. will be hyperlites

9cool looking baggershield 10.5

Thanks for your help.

No Problem

This is yesterday.

James

I just purchased and installed the baggershield 10.5 16.5

First, I was impressed with how quickly I receive the box from BaggerShield. Instructions were clear.

I was very surprised how quick, easy and simple the install was. I was going to document it with photos and it went too fast. Two hold bolts on the inside. Pull the chrome shield. 6 on the front - one through a hole. Old off new on, reverse. Done.

Here is my write up about a 412 mile ride I took today.

Absolutely a winner.

I figured out what was missing from the stock RSV I have ridden for 1600 miles since I bought it a month ago----- the sensation of motion. Wind!

I am 5'10"

With the 10.5 inch you are protected from the blast but still get

wind. If you want protection just pull over and mount the 6" extension.

Bam you are back in the RSV air bubble.

The wind goes waaaay around due to the sides 2 inches wider.

I was feeling around a lot and my full face was being cleanly hit by

the wind directly between the top of the eye opening and the top of

the helmet. No buffeting except when riding in a cross wind.

Definitely looking over the shorty. Full over it.

It was pretty chilly going up to San Luis obispo today and I opted to

keep the shorty on because it was more fun.

I would say I rode with the extension up for about 20 miles and took it

back off. For me that will only be for rain, when wife is on the back or planning an over 400 mile day.

Hope this helps

VentureFar....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/ihavethespirit/Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Midnight%20Venture/Baggershield1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/ihavethespirit/Yamaha%20Royal%20Star%20Midnight%20Venture/Baggershield2.jpg

Dun,

There are a couple ways to get your discount. They are a sponsor vendor here on the forum.

You can go to their website and mention you are a member here on the forum and they will apply your discount, I think this is the one you are looking for:

http://www.baggershield.com/baggershield-star-venture-85-to-135-adjustable-p-16.html

OR

If you go to their member page here on the forum, you can contact them by phone, email or personal message. Go here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/member.php?u=11841

Spencer is a great guy,

Hope this helps,

James