IGNORED

trike mpg

gunboat

hi all

drove the trike on it's first long distance ride since i bought it. went out to west texas, to ft.davis. total of 1,400 miles round trip. used 52.7 gallons of fuel, avg mpg for the trip was 25.19. i would say that's not bad for two up and pulling a loaded trailer. avg speed was about 70 mph. left ft.davis sunday morning around 8:am & arrived back home just after 8:00pm sunday night. 690 miles in 12 hours with a bbq break at cooper's in junction, texas. (cathie tells me she will not be doing any iron butt rides with me) my lowest mpg was 21.5 to a high of 29.7. so what i have read about our trike's mpg, i would say i'am right in the ball park. had a great weekend.

reguards

don c.

hi all

drove the trike on it's first long distance ride since i bought it. went out to west texas, to ft.davis. total of 1,400 miles round trip. used 52.7 gallons of fuel, avg mpg for the trip was 25.19. i would say that's not bad for two up and pulling a loaded trailer. avg speed was about 70 mph. left ft.davis sunday morning around 8:am & arrived back home just after 8:00pm sunday night. 690 miles in 12 hours with a bbq break at cooper's in junction, texas. (cathie tells me she will not be doing any iron butt rides with me) my lowest mpg was 21.5 to a high of 29.7. so what i have read about our trike's mpg, i would say i'am right in the ball park. had a great weekend.

reguards

don c.

Sounds like a terrific trip :)

Just as an aside .... If you are planning any IBA rides, get clearance upfront to use the trike because generally they don't allow them.