IGNORED

What's up with the Radio Controler?

Handyman

I'm chuggin down I40 and look over and a piece of the case is floppin in the wind. I reach over and touch it and GONE. I figure there's not much reason to stop and look for it, so I stop at the next exit and it has cracked all around the two screws that hold it on and is starting up the end. I tape it till I get home.Looked sharp all wrapped with black elec tape. Yami wants $836, EBay wants $213. Wali World wants $2 bucks. Super Glue. Now, 3 tubes later, I'm still chasing cracks. This thing looks like a road map. I'm wondering if I need to put this thing in a plastic case.

Richard

I'm chuggin down I40 and look over and a piece of the case is floppin in the wind. I reach over and touch it and GONE. I figure there's not much reason to stop and look for it, so I stop at the next exit and it has cracked all around the two screws that hold it on and is starting up the end. I tape it till I get home.Looked sharp all wrapped with black elec tape. Yami wants $836, EBay wants $213. Wali World wants $2 bucks. Super Glue. Now, 3 tubes later, I'm still chasing cracks. This thing looks like a road map. I'm wondering if I need to put this thing in a plastic case.

Richard

Ran into that problem on a '99 recently. The entire base had cracked. I wonder if the controller had been hit or bumped somehow?? If does sorta hang out there waiting for something to happen. Although it's not very common.... I think?? :confused07:

Ran into that problem on a '99 recently. The entire base had cracked. I wonder if the controller had been hit or bumped somehow?? If does sorta hang out there waiting for something to happen. Although it's not very common.... I think?? :confused07:

I have two 99's and no cracks on either, but thanks for the post I will add that too my list of things to check regulary.

Hmmm wonder about brake fluid getting on it, maybe? They do sit, fairly, close to the clutch master cylinder. Seriously, if you get brake fluid on the plastic you will get crack after crack and the darn stuff will almost crumble... Don't ask me how I know. :crying:

Or loc-tite has a bad way with plastic as well. Did this have a previous owner or are you the original owner?