IGNORED

Spring Road Trip - 2012

Guest Slab_Ryder

Guest Slab_Ryder

Greetings All

I am planning on heading down to Rolling Thunder next May (2012), from Nova Scotia, and am thinking I will take a scoot over to Arizona, afterwards. What sort of temperatures am I looking at encountering in the Arizona Region, late May, early June, or early May and do Rolling Thunder on the way home?

What sort of temperatures am I looking at encountering in the Arizona Region, late May, early June, or early May and do Rolling Thunder on the way home?

Last spring I rode to TX at the end of March from here, and ran into 90 degree US temps on Sunday afternoon the last week of March in West TX and Southern NM.

And I was in the DC area a year ago minus a week from Rolliing Thunder. Hot then too, but as you well know, that can change in a heartbeat when you get up nort.

Take all the different riding gear you got, and enjoy, Scooter Bob

Greetings All

I am planning on heading down to Rolling Thunder next May (2012), from Nova Scotia, and am thinking I will take a scoot over to Arizona, afterwards. What sort of temperatures am I looking at encountering in the Arizona Region, late May, early June, or early May and do Rolling Thunder on the way home?

That time of year is about the most variable of any.

Texas, Oklahoma can suffer temperatures anywhere from 50F to over 100F. It's also peak time for severe storms and tornadoes.

On the other hand, some of the very best riding conditions can happen too.

Go prepared to get very wet, and to occasionally have to hunker down for a storm to pass .... Then, in between, enjoy the finest riding weather and scenery that money can buy.

Changing altitudes can be dangerous! Higher altitudes = lower temperatures, run-off from snow melt turns into black ice. So if your travels include some higher elevations, beware. As already stated, this time of year means almost anything possible weather-wise. From mid-day into evening you may encounter a big swing in temps.

Guest Slab_Ryder

Thanks for the Info. I am looking forward to my next years Road Trip. This year, over 40,000 kms (so far) hoping to reach 50,000!