IGNORED

wont start

reddwarf

My 2005 venture is a little quirky. Some times when I turn the bike on to start everything comes on but when I press the starter button............nothing. what I have to do is sit down on the bike and hit the seat hard when I sit down then all the electrics come on and it will start. I know it sounds like a loose connection and before I start wiggiling things I thought I would ake if anyone else has a similar experience.

Well, seeing as the battery is under your butt when you set on the seat, I would check the battery connections first!!

I do know of one member who had an issue like that after he worked on the bike and forgot to tighten the battery connections (not me)......

:sign yeah that:Take the connections apart, sand them shiney, and reassemble tightly.

Well, seeing as the battery is under your butt when you set on the seat, I would check the battery connections first!!

I do know of one member who had an issue like that after he worked on the bike and forgot to tighten the battery connections (not me)......

Did he end up getting it towed home and the next day having it towed again 50 miles to a dealer only to find out he forgot to re tighten the ground bolt??? and did the tow company strap the bike down using the handlebars and lay the tightening straps against the fairing and he had to replace the fairing and handlebars?. hummmm I wonder who did such a STUPID thing like that....:think: :fnd_(16):