IGNORED

Think a change of underwear would be in order after this...

DanOh

That was just a suicidal biker.

If you watch close you see him lean and swerve toward the oncoming vehicle. Had they made contact, this vid would prove it was the bikers fault.

Watch the white line on the road, it appears to be near the edge of the road that is on the bikes right. That oncoming vehicle had 2 wheels off the road avoiding the bike.

That oncoming vehicle had 2 wheels off the road avoiding the bike.

no...the oncoming vehicle was for sure hogging the center...you can see he/she is well away from the shoulder when they get past.

but it does look a bit set up

• you hear the bike's rev's lower...not drastically like a panic stop...just more like hesitation
  • he leans into the oncoming truck
  • ...likely was set up just for the sake of the video

I'm pretty sure this was shot in England and the truck went right of center. Either way, definitely an underwear change

If you watch close you see him lean and swerve toward the oncoming vehicle. Had they made contact, this vid would prove it was the bikers fault.

Watch the white line on the road, it appears to be near the edge of the road that is on the bikes right. That oncoming vehicle had 2 wheels off the road avoiding the bike.

have another look and pause it during the slow motion portion just as the truck passes the bike somewhere between 29 - 31 seconds. The white line is the center line, they are on a very narrow windy road somewhere in the UK I think...

That happened to me while runing along the Sacramento River a few years ago. I went into a blind right curve, got about half way thru it, and an SUV had crossed over the center line cutting the corner. I had to lay the bike farther over and pray it would stay stuck to the road. That's about the time I fell in love with Avon Venoms. I missed that dam car by inches... Took a few minutes to get the heart started again....

You've been duped...

If you pause it when the truck goes by, the right half of it dissappears... This video has been "Doctored"...

OK.

Now that you mention it, if you pause while the P/U is right next to the bike you can see the reflection of the scenery, but no reflection of the bike or its 2 riders. There is also never a reflection of the P/U in the visor or sunglasses of the bike driver.

I could just be the angles were wrong, but you should have seen something somewhere.

You can see the reflection of the bikers heads in the windows, and I don't see any evidence of doctoring, Couldn't find anything about it on Snopes.

Still the biker was hugging the center line. When approaching a blind left turn (for us Right hand drivers, right turn for this biker) I try to stay away from the center line.

This guy was a typical sport biker that is pushing the speeds and riding on public roads like should be reserved for track days.

I have almost been hit by bikes crossing the center line more times than cars!

I think it is for real. I have done a lot of driving in England and that style is quite normal. I don't think the bike ever crossed the line while it is quite clear the truck did. You can also see that the bike went off the pavement onto the shoulder of the road. It is normal in England that if you are not exceeding the speed limit by at least 50% you will have a line of cars trying to get past. In Cornwall it is 100% and the roads are narrower with stone walls on each side.

I posted this on my FaceBook a couple weeks ago.

They're in Australia. The guy riding the bike is a writer for some motorcycle rag down there.

The truck was way over the center line. The motorcyclist was doing nothing wrong.

Here's the article on GizMag's site with some still photos of the close call.

http://www.gizmag.com/close-call-bmw-s1000rr/19667/

In my opinion, when you look at it in slow motion, you can see the white line in the open space under the drivers arm pit. yes, he is slowing down, but that couyld be because he is on a narrow road, and looking at this full size P/U coming at him. just before the truck passes, you see him gradually move away from the center line, then the truck crosses the line, and almost hits him. Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth, lucky couple

I can't believe why he wouldn't have turned around and made "a case" with the driver at the next "appropriate" opportunity. I certainly would have.

Probably because he has his wife on the back and he doesn't want to end up dead in the middle of nowhere because some drunk driver decided it would be better to finish the job instead of talking to the Bronze.

I think he made contact it looks like his arm broke the truck mirror off if you watch real close in the normal video not the slow motion one. Something shoots down from his arm dont see it in slo mo.

i believe you are right... i frame advanced and in the 12 second frame you can see his arm hit mirror and it hitting the road..... very fortunate they dodged that bullet !

i believe you are right... i frame advanced and in the 12 second frame you can see his arm hit mirror and it hitting the road..... very fortunate they dodged that bullet !

Yes at 12 sec mark you see something shooting down to the road from his arm cant tell what it is. Dont see it in slo mo part

Yes at 12 sec mark you see something shooting down to the road from his arm cant tell what it is. Dont see it in slo mo part

Very strange that you cant see it in the slow motion part,..

You can also see his passenger give the driver a death squeeze right before impact.

Dodged a bullet for sure!