IGNORED

Can you hear your fan?

I own a 07 RSTD with 21K and I'm trying to compare some of the bikes features with past bikes I have owned. It seems like I do not hear my cooling fan run, or it is real quiet. I also have never seen the temp light on either.

On my last bike which was a VTX 1800 you could definitely hear and feel the fan moving air when it would come on. I live in South Florida and the fan would come on any time you spent much time stopped and also when I would pull it into the garage and leave the ignition on.

Very rare to hear the fan, especially if you wear a helmet. In fact, it is relatively rare for the fan to come on at all. You should NEVER have the temp light come on unless something is bad wrong.

Even when kneeling by the bike doing a carb sync or mixture adjustment, I rarely hear the fan come on from extended idling - I do notice the sudden blast of hot air when it comes on, just cannot hear it under most conditions.

Goose

I own a 07 RSTD with 21K and I'm trying to compare some of the bikes features with past bikes I have owned. It seems like I do not hear my cooling fan run, or it is real quiet. I also have never seen the temp light on either.

On my last bike which was a VTX 1800 you could definitely hear and feel the fan moving air when it would come on. I live in South Florida and the fan would come on any time you spent much time stopped and also when I would pull it into the garage and leave the ignition on.

I know what you mean about the fan on the VTX1800. Very noisy fan. After a stretch of 75mph riding on the highway, just getting off the highway and decelerating down the offramp, I could hear the fan come on, thru my fullface helmet and earplugs, and all!

I could never hear the fan on my 97 RSTD, and like you, I worried about it until I verified that the fan was running. Same thing on my 07 Venture, but now I don't worry about it anymore. Too bad they couldn't have made the primary gear as quiet.