IGNORED

Audio Head Set Cable

Danaman

I have to replace the cable that sits on top of the gas tank (CB/Headset cable). When installing the driving lights I noticed the cable was frayed so at the time I just tucked it up under the cover on the gas tank as I don't usually use the CB. Does anyone know what cable this is called as I have talked to the people at Pin Wall and they are not sure which cable I need. I noticed some call them intercom cables and some say it is a CB cable. They have a bunch listed on ebay. I would like to know which is the proper cable so I don't order the wrong one. Possibly someone on here could look at Pin Wall site or ebay site and send me a link or ebay number.

Thanks in advance

Dana

• 3 weeks later...

Maddog

If you are referring to the one that mounts on top of the tank (which is the one I was looking for) google "Pinwall cycle parts ebay", that will take you to there site. Then in the search box type in, "Intercom Cable" and you will see they list a Yamaha Venture Royal Star XVZ1300 Intercom Cable. These were the cables I bought, they send you 3 different cables and the one you want is one of the three cables. I haven't installed the cable yet but it looks like a straight unplug and plug in the new cable. You will probably have to split the fairing to unplug the old cable and plug in the new cable. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in and advise. I hope this helps.

You probably have already checked but if not I would check my cord going to my helmet to make sure that it is not the one defective before replacing the one on the tank.

Dana