IGNORED

Another Which GPS question.

spke

Trying "the GPS question" a diff way:

Which is the least expensive Garmin(refurb Ok) GPS that supports MP3 and phone calls(via bluetooth)

Was thinking of opening my Nuvi265WT and adding a mic in and audio out so I could then use buddyrich cable. But then how to get an external MP3 player attached as well and will a phone call mute the MP3? (don't think so)

Can't afford ZUMO :(

sp!ke

one of the best and cheap refurbished or used for your needs would be a Nuvi 760 0r 765. They will do what you want and important to me they have routing which allows you to put your own route into GPS. If you get a T model it comes with lifetime traffic also. Good Luck.

I'm looking for something like a 'all inclusive' . I found at 4ucam.com a gps 4.3 or 5" mp3, bluetooth, and video camera all in one. under 300 bucks. mind you it's not a Garmin ( my favorite )

http://www.4ucam.com/GPS-Wireless-Backup-Camera-Monitor-8909PC-Rearview-IR.html#contains

The price is right, and to put the camera forward facing at night hmmmm

the good part it is a FM transmitter as well NO extra wiring BONUS

Trying "the GPS question" a diff way:

Which is the least expensive Garmin(refurb Ok) GPS that supports MP3 and phone calls(via bluetooth)

Was thinking of opening my Nuvi265WT and adding a mic in and audio out so I could then use buddyrich cable. But then how to get an external MP3 player attached as well and will a phone call mute the MP3? (don't think so)

Can't afford ZUMO :(

sp!ke

Take a look at the Garmin c550 Streetpilot. Has everything you need and does a great job. I own 2. Looks just like the Zumo. I picked them up off Ebay in like new condition. One for $80 and the other for $55. Bluetooth to link to your cell, MP3 that can be plugged into the aux jack by the tape deck, and a GPS... Waddda deal.... :)

Another vote for the 765 here, bought a 550 and other than the screen it wasn't all that great. It stuttered the music if making map changes. The 765 has been working awesome for a less than 200.00 investment including the ram mount, sunshade and power cord. Not waterproof but baggies are cheap!

Good Luck

Frank

The 765 has an fm transmitter as well. But I use the headphone jack to my aux in and my own mic cable so I can make calls using my helmet mic. Works great!!

Are there any inexpensive GPS that have an FM transmitter so we can hear them on headsets?

Its dangerous to have to check the screen for every turn!

Slightly off the question:

iPhone running Co-Pilot live linked via bluetooth to Midland BT2 headset.

Midland paired headsets provide rider-passenger or bike to bike intercom

iPhone provides music via itunes, simultaneous GPS turn by turn direction with spoken street names, voice-control phone

Already had the iPhone and the headsets so for $29 im done.

Your own Mic Cable? Please explain What hooks up to what. Didn't think the 765 has a mic out?

The 765 has an fm transmitter as well. But I use the headphone jack to my aux in and my own mic cable so I can make calls using my helmet mic. Works great!!

check out this site....... www.refurbdepot.com refurb does not mean repaired...when a large chain buys an item in a lot, they often return merchandise that is not sold for a credit.....these items cannot be sold as new as they have already sold and returned to the manufacturer...often resold as a refurb item...... referb items ...so I'm told must say refurbished..... check under gadgets..........

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi 765T too .... yeah, it does all that.

Routing on Garmins can be tricky, and I have switched to "point-to-point", especially for Rallying.

If you want to find out why, look here:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/27/1020374/-Red-Dirt-on-My-Tires-aka-I-Went-to-McAlester-and-Burst-a-Balloon!?via=blog_741009

Just got my 765T delivered today from .... WALMART! $98 and it came with the "optional" cradle and the pwr cord for the cradle. Gonna have extra's of those once the ebay purchases arrive. DANG!

check out this site....... www.refurbdepot.com refurb does not mean repaired...when a large chain buys an item in a lot, they often return merchandise that is not sold for a credit.....these items cannot be sold as new as they have already sold and returned to the manufacturer...often resold as a refurb item...... referb items ...so I'm told must say refurbished..... check under gadgets..........

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at getting a 765T myself. It is one of just a few GPSs that will pair with a bluetooth headset and send it's directions over the headset! Unfortunately Walmart appears to be out of them. RATS! That was a very nice price for a 765.

I've been looking at getting a 765T myself. It is one of just a few GPSs that will pair with a bluetooth headset and send it's directions over the headset! Unfortunately Walmart appears to be out of them. RATS! That was a very nice price for a 765.

I got mine from Amazon for about $130.

Try this?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=14934864&findingMethod=rr

Are the GPS's that different ones have recommended on here waterproff like the ones made for the motorcycle??????????????? I would like to find one like that. When i travel if it looks like rain I put a baggie over my GPS but it is hard to read when it gets wet

Of the modern Garmin range, only the Zumo are waterproof, and shock protected, but you pay a high price.

Of the modern Garmin range, only the Zumo are waterproof, and shock protected, but you pay a high price.

High price is right. Zumos start at around $500. One reason why I've been looking at the 765 is that it is one of the few Garmins, outside of the Zumos, that will pair with a bluetooth headset and will use the bluetooth to broadcast it's navigation prompts so you don't have to watch the screen or try to hear it over traffic/wind noise. That is something that drove me nuts trying to use my Tom Tom. The sun glare made using the screen impossible and it was equally impossible to hear the prompts over the wind noise and thru my full face!

I use my iphone and an app called gps drive. I put it on the handlebar with a handlebar holder I found at walmart for 21.00. It updates the maps wirelessly and on the run. I put it my itunes folder and my wife can use it on her phone. All you need to remember is turn off the auto lock feature.

why not use a phone with a navigator app, that bluetooth's to a headset with turn by turn directions?

I have Verizon VZnavigator on my Samsung Rogue (semi smart phone) bluetooth to my Cardio Q2 headset, and get turn by turn directions. I can also make and receive calls via the bluetooth connection. The Headset has FM radio, and a jack for an MP3 player.

something you may want to look at, unless there is alot of benefit from having the actual GPS unit?

Rick