IGNORED

Forks rebuilt

Just Doug

my right fork is leaking from the bottom.

There is almost nothing on the bottom that a rebuild will do anything for in the way of leaking.

One thing on bottom is a socket cap screw that goes up into the fork damper tube, it has a copper washer on it to prevent leaking.

Two other places it may leak on bottom is from the oil drain screw (very small on rear lower side). And the Anti-dive valves could leak around mating surface.

If this started right after a hard bottoming, I would be inclined to look for a cracked lower outer tube casting. BEFORE YOU RIDE IT AGAIN, this could cause total loss of any semblance of control if this lower tube were to completely fracture.

Gary

Edited by dingy
spelling

There is almost nothing on the bottom that a rebuild will do anything for in the way of leaking.

One thing on bottom is a socket cap screw that goes up into the fork damper tube, it has a copper washer on it to prevent leaking.

Two other places it may leak on bottom is from the oil drain screw (very small on rear lower side. And the Anti-dive valves could leak around mating surface.

If this started fight after a hard bottoming, I would be inclined to look for a cracked lower outer tube casting. BEFORE YOU RIDE IT AGAIN, this could cause total loss of any semblance of control if this lower tube were to completely fracture.

Gary

My thoughts more or less exactly,,,,, but I would want to add my thoughts on the fact that this scoot could be a right danger to ride. FIX IT FIRST!!!!!